H.I.S.S. Custom **Updated pics after painting**

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

H.I.S.S. Custom **Updated pics after painting**

I had some old parts laying around so I started messing around with an old Septic Tank I had. Below are a couple of pics of something I came up with and I wanted to get some opinions on it before i went ahead with gluing everything together and painting it. Keep in mind these parts are just loosely held together and still need to be primed and painted. Here are a list of parts:

Septic Tank Body
    Painted Snow cat rear end
    Slam gun turret
    Custom Turret so the I can turn around 360 degrees.
    2 unknown Missiles

Anyways here are the pics

Side_View
    Front_View
    Rear_View

Any good (or Bad) comments or suggestions would be greatly apprecitated.

Edit**** Below are some pics of the HISS painted in just plain black. Let me know what you think.

Painted_Side_View
    Painted_Front_View
    Painted_Rear_View

Brad
    Last edited by carnage717; 02-13-2005 at 02:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wow, thats not bad!!

What are you gonna color it? Infantry Blue or original Black?
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

Looks good. Great idea. I personally think it would look even better with an original Hiss canopy though.
    "Ya'll hear that, we's usin' codenames"
    Things I Have For Sale
    My Customs

I had planned on trying to find a hiss canopy but was using the septic tank canopy till i get one. As for colors, Im kind of up in the air. I thought about black but i might go with some thing else.

Brad

I like that a lot. I say, keep the Septic Tank canopy. Paint it a nice gunmetal, with some silver drybrushing, make the rest a nice HISS black, and you'll have a nice piece there.

Any chance you wanna sell it unfinished? I would love to finish it or make one, but I don't find Septic tanks often.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

I like the colors you started to put on it, but I agree with everyone else, keep the canopy. Paint it silver or black. You can never go wrong with black!

Edit: I just realized that you hadn't started to paint it yet...ack. Well, maybe you can finish the rest of it with that camo you got on the snow cat part.
    Last edited by Epyon; 02-13-2005 at 05:26 AM. Reason: just noticed something

Thumbs up Impressive job!

But the color you choose will make or break the custom IMO. I'm really anticipating the final piece!

-PJ

Just got finished putting some black paint on it and thought i would post some updated pics. Check the first post in this thread for updated pics. I would like to know what you think of the Black Paint. Should I leave it black or go with some camo or something.

Brad

Oh man, that came out pretty cool.
    I just got done painting my Hiss II blue. I think I may paint the guns and other stuff black, but i'm not sure.
    While it's nowhere near as cool or as original as yours, you can check it out here.

Nice, man! The cannons should get done in gunmetal too, that would really pull it all together, matching the canopy. The red missiles too great! i think you have a top notch looking piece there.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys