Would you collect the sigma six over 3 3/4" Joes? - Page 2

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: Would you prefer the Sigma Six over 3 3/4" Joes?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 1.89%
  • No

50 94.34%
  • Not sure, I'll wait and see.

2 3.77%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stad
    I'll be sending all my money to people that actually produce what I want, like powerjedi/sohappyfish/mudnemo whoever. I just hope they actually are skimming them from Hasbro now, whereas before, I preferred to assume (until proven otherwise) that they attained them legitimately, at least under China/Hong Kong law.
    That's not a bad idea.

I most certainly WILL NOT be buying the Sigma Six figures. They interest me in no way, and besides, I can think of a lot of companies that deserve my money more than Hasbro.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My son and I only started, but he said the sigma six look robotic and asking $14.99 per fig was a NO WAY. He 9yrs going on 13 his interest is leaning towards music. He ask for the new Greenday CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Merax
    Maybe, just MAYBE, if they sold for 4.99 or even 5.99 I MIGHT consider picking up one or two just to store away.

Well, you shouldn't have to wait too long for that, because I see these figures going on clearance VERY SOON after release.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    Well, you shouldn't have to wait too long for that, because I see these figures going on clearance VERY SOON after release.
    ... and personally, I still won't consider them unless they make a Scarlett. If clearance stickers ever touch these things, they'll have no more future value than Sgt. Savage figures, and would take up a lot more of my limited storage space. I gotta keep that space free for my motor pools and aircraft.

28 votes and everyone is a no. Why the heck doesn't Hasbroke just start a new line of toys entirely and just leave the Joes alone. Good luck anyway Hasbro but personally I think they're going staight to the clearance isle.

On the other hand I guess this is good news for Big Lots and Family Dollar!

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    These will be the mainstays of the 2005-06 edition of TRU's 90% off Green Tag Clearance Sale.

And they STILL won't sell.

I put not sure, I will wait and see...

I wouldn't really collect them "over" the 3.75 inch joes, but if I like them I will get them in addition to continuing to collect the little joes.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko
    28 votes and everyone is a no. Why the heck doesn't Hasbroke just start a new line of toys entirely and just leave the Joes alone.
    Because the smallest production runs for repainted figures are over 10,000 units, and much higher for original sculpts (I think, I don't know what the number is on Horrorshow). As far as Hasbro knows, there aren't even 10,000 adult RAH-mythos collectors buying figures at retail.

My idea

I have an idea let me know what you think. If I were in charge of the line I would make the figures 5 inches or about the same height as Batman figures, keep the articulation that the 3 3/4 inch figures had, keep the realistic weapons, give them weapons that attach to their bodies I have always wished that you could use the weapons most figures had painted and molded on thier bodies, also I would not have a Snake-Eyes figure every year,come on Hasbro, Snake-Eyes is my favorite figure, but there were seven Snake-Eyes figures from 1982-1994 and seventeen from 1998-2005 give him a rest for a little while and use some other figures. With a 5 inch well articulated, well detailed figure Hasbro could make a rack up. Old and new collectors would love it. They could tie the line into the new comic and cartoon. Hasbro could charge $4.99 for each figure. I have a feeling Sigma Six will be the third death of G.I.Joe. Maybe they don't remember G.I.Joe Extreme and Sgt. Savage. Who is gonna payfifteen dollars for a G.I.Joe figure? The twelve inch figures don't even cost that much. Who is in charge at Habro a chimp? I can see changing the recipe a little, but come on. If these message boards are any indication they have a disaster in the making.