Do you think Sigma 6 will sell with Kids?

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: Do You Think Sigma 6 will sell with Kids?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

12 37.50%
  • Yes

4 12.50%
  • Don't know I'll have to see

9 28.13%
  • Don't care, I am not concerned with Sigma

7 21.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Do you think Sigma 6 will sell with Kids?

I personally think next year this time we all will be discussing how Sigma 6 is crap. I am normally an optimist but I am a pessimist when it comes to this! At the most Hasbro may get a season or two out of the Sigma, now whether or not they will restart the 3 3/4" line is entirely another question. But I really doubt they may turn back, the world is changing. I hope and pray they do but I doubt it. I wish they would sell the license to produce the line to someone else, even a foreign company like Funskool, or a European company, someone told me the line is very popular in Germany again. But I'll tell you one thing, its a shame to have all those molds sitting and rotting while all of us can get enjoyment from it!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, the He-Man toys didn't fly off the pegs and there are more Ninja Turtles than store know what to with, so, I'd say, it's a gamble. Kids will either like them or they won't. It's really hard to say.

I voted I don't care I'm not concerned but I'm actually split on the issue. I'm going to way and see if it catches on with the kids out of curiosity but I'm not interested in them personally The turtles have been grossly over shipped and over produced and MOTU was almost the opposite. With MOTU the kids were luke warm to it and Mattel released at least 10 different He-man and Skeletor variants and stuffed them into a case while the seconday figures were very underpacked and rare.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I am a father of three, my 9yr old son saw the pictures of Sigma six and did not like them. But that may change if the cartoon is real good. If he does change his mind and Hasbro makes a Scarlett, they will be under the tree this xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentor II
    I voted I don't care I'm not concerned but I'm actually split on the issue. I'm going to way and see if it catches on with the kids out of curiosity but I'm not interested in them personally The turtles have been grossly over shipped and over produced and MOTU was almost the opposite. With MOTU the kids were luke warm to it and Mattel released at least 10 different He-man and Skeletor variants and stuffed them into a case while the seconday figures were very underpacked and rare.

Ha, and ironically, those different He-Mans and Skeletors were meant to appeal to kids. They turned He-Man into another Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Denethore
    I am a father of three, my 9yr old son saw the pictures of Sigma six and did not like them. But that may change if the cartoon is real good. If he does change his mind and Hasbro makes a Scarlett, they will be under the tree this xmas.
    I hope the cartoon is good, just to at least show Hasbro how stupid they are. It's such a basic thing to give the toy line a weekly cartoon to go with it, not a couple of lousy CGI movies.

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    Say hello to the most abundant part of the 2005-2006 edition of the TRU 90% off clearance sale!

I voted that I will have to wait and see. With the majority of action figures in stores being considerably larger than the 3.75" joes, they could sell better. But it is a new concept, so they will have to find a good way to connect with kids. The new cartoon should help this too.

My loyalty to small joes wants to say Sigma Six will crash and burn, I could see this happening too. I wonder how many kids are into the current line that will be crushed by the Sigma Six figures replacing them.
    "that's the way baseball go"

I know it isn't what we want, & since it's being stated as the reason for putting the brakes on the 3¾" line, almost all of us are very critical of it. But, & it's been said a few times, kids now like anime , most other action figures are a lot larger than our Joes, so this line will be more on par with that. The only problem I see with it - for kids - is that price tag. If they were in the $8-$10 range, I think that it would have a much better chance. I think that most kids ask their parents to buy them toys, & they usually don't do too much buying themselves, except with Christmas & birthday money - which for most kids is the only time they'd have that kind of pocket money. Parents impulse buying toys for kids, $5, no problem, $10, depends on how good they've been lately, >10 - not likely for an impulse buy.

Oh, & back to blaming S6 for the hiatus, I know it was stated that that was the case, to get the new line established, but on another post, I forgot which thread, somebody suggested the Star Wars thing - & that makes perfect sense to me. Sales of almost all other action figures are going to drop like stones when E3 hits, so why bother wasting any marketing money now? Wait until SW is getting a little stale & people are starting to miss the other lines, then release something great. If that's actually the plan, I think we should see some new product early summer of '06.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

I totally agree on the price tag thing, and since witnessing this a few times, the parents I've heard mention a price limit alot, usually it's around $10 and under though then you got the cheap ones and the main thing the kid can get is Hot wheels or those fugly Corps crappers.

Well if it doesn't sell the idjit at Hasbro who thought that price was good is to blame, hopefully it's the same fool who put the Firefly fig in the Crimson Gaurd packs (a CGI woulda been perfect for this pack with the twins WHY TWO FIREFLYS WHY?!?!)