Ultimate Guide to 3 3/4" Joes... finally after three years... - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

I just ordered mine late last night. I eagerly wait for it to get here. Great job Mark. See ya at the Con.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up Okay, the bad news... in-evitably...

Yes, there is no pic of the 30th Action Pilot Astronaut in 1994 - the pic is for the reg. ed. Action Pilot instead... after trying to explain the 1993 Battle Corps line to my editor and designer, these variations had them a bit rattled. Since I took all the pics in the book, I know I gave Krause a pic of the Astronaut, as I had to take him out of his pod in order to take the pic of that darned thing (and the module is indeed pictured).

I also noticed that there is no inner armor pictures for the reg. and blue S.N.A.K.E. armor. Eeep. I did include this in the pic as well. Always next time.

There are also some minor textual things that are ALREADY NOTED, so please DON'T EMAIL ME WITH THESE UNLESS THEY ARE EGREGIOUS. I have gone over this thing with a fine toothed comb, and have a list of the TEXTUAL post-production problems. For instance, someone e-mailed to complain that I did not include a carded pic of the 1987 Vehicle Gear Accessory Pack: but it's in the chapter intro for '87. Alas.

I know I didn't list all the variations for every figure and vehicle, but I was limited to 255 pages to capture every figure, vehicle, accessory, and weapon... I hope did the best I could with the space allotted. For instance, if the variation was not major and does not really effect the price of the piece, I'd rather use space on a particular promotional or bit of important text.

But I do encourage ALL OF YOU TO EMAIL ME ERRORS (I'm compiling them) and I'll put them in the master list. That way if a second edition comes out, it will truly be a collaborative project. I love checking over my own mistakes (I'm not kidding here - I'm crazy about corrections).

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BESTEST!!!

-- Mark Bellomo

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Ok, I think you can guess my opinion of the book. This is fantastic. I don't know if I can add much to what's already been said, but if anybody here has not ordered one yet, do it now! The pics are great, the descriptions are great, the info is great. I haven't posted until now because I haven't been able to put the book down since I got home.

I may have a new checklist . I also like how the headings are colored differently by team, nice quick referance. Thanks for all the time you put into this, Mark. Will you autograph mine at the con?
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I might actually get this tomorrow. It shipped yesterday from the New Castle facility and will arrive USPS! Today's mail already came
    Last edited by Patrick A. Riley; 05-06-2005 at 09:27 AM.
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

I got mine yesterday and it is just awesome. Great work by Mark.
    Last edited by SecurityPoliceAF_Joe; 05-06-2005 at 01:52 PM.

ordered mine and it was shipped out wednesday hope to get it soon!

just ordered mine 2 minutes ago
    "Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody walked over your grave" "I'm your huckleberry" - Doc Holiday, Tombstone

It did arrive today and I loves it!

I especially like some of the "prototype code names"
    My favorites are Hurricane Helga for Cover Girl and Armor Harmer for Bazooka
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

ok i got to order this thing, its sound killer
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Hey I gotta say that my was waiting for me a home this weekend, and boy was I excited, I really enjoy it. I'm definatly enjoying all the details that the book contains. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Hi, I'm Tim Mizak.
    Check out my blog on toys!
    http://mizak23.blogspot.com/