Your favorite GI Joe artist? - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    i'm my own favorite gi joe artist...

:P

seriously though, i'd go with Trimpe.
    and i hated the art in the ninja force and transformers crossover in the 100's. i'm thinking it was Andrew Wildman... geh... far too much like image garbage of the 90's for my taste.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

point of interest

Widman,I never cared about who the artist was (except for Zeck's Punisher) until Wildman showed up and I went Who is that? Check out Wildman's work on the new TF titles.

Top 5

1. Geoff Senior (ACTION FORCE)
    2. Mike Zeck (GI JOE COVERS)
    3. HERB TRIMPE (SPECIAL MISSIONS)
    4. Lee Weekes (GI JOE RAH)
    5. BRYAN HITCH (ACTION FORCE)

6. TODD MCFARLANE (ISSUE 61)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak5170
    **** yes - every issue done by Mike Vosburg who is possibly one of the worst comics artists of all time. And I'm only including guys who drew for the big guns such as Marvel and DC.
    I'll have to disagree with that one whole-heartedly. I don't know what other books he did, but when I think of Joe comics from back in the day, I think of the stuff he drew!

Quote Originally Posted by yojoebro82
    I'll have to disagree with that one whole-heartedly. I don't know what other books he did, but when I think of Joe comics from back in the day, I think of the stuff he drew!
    That's cool. While I think his art is horrible, (a sentiment echoed by Lars Pearson in The Unauthorized Guide to G.I. Joe TV and Comics"), those are my favourite issues of all-time story-wise. But I'm still not going to let nostalgia coud my judgement, lol. That's some truly bad art in there.

actually, scratch my choice.

i'm not sure who did the art, but whoever did the artwork on the 1982 gi joe lunchbox was awesome.

anyone know who did this bit of art?

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/lunchboxes/