A real Uss Flagg, check this out - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The flag is hot but... This thing's on FIRE!!!

If I stumble across millions of dollars, best believe I'd own that monster. I wouldn't put it in my Joe/toy room but I would put it somewhere
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

$250,000???????? who has the much to invest in that thing??? unless a museum or celebrity wants it, that thing is going to stay where it is.
    looking for Satan´s Left Arm, the figure not the devil.

I look at the pics and the only thing I can think of is calling all my friends over to stay the night and next night to play gijoe.
    The path of collecting is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil scalpers. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the lost through the valley of aisles. For he is truly his brothers keeper by leaving one on the peg and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers collection, and you will know I am a true collector when lay my vengeance upon thee.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The model is so fantastic that a museum is the only place it should go. I really do hope that some foundation or benefactor views this masterpiece to be worthy of acquiring.

I agree w/Nighthawk. I know it's not to Joe scale, but I don't care. This is so beautiful. I'm looking around now to try to get a copy of the magazine that comes with it.

-PJ

My first reaction was WOW!

I agree, that does belong in a museum, maybe the Smithsonian will get wind of it?
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

A quick SCALE note for carriers

Scale FLAGG? NEVER!!!!!!
    hahaha

the early carriers, WWII era, smallest was over 600 ft. these werent even carriers, they were converted ships (battle? not sure)

WWII CArriers= almsot all of them were the same 881 FEET!!

modern nuclear carriers= 1061 (might be off by 10-20 ft) almost all the same, maybe some even larger newer ones!!!

OK= so 1/18 scale, the size of smalljoes is the above divided by 18.

Which means a "SCale" modern carrier would have to be over SIXTY FEET long.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps- the "island" (the propoer term for superstructure) on the FLAGG is WAAAAAY oversized.
    a quick search on google for aircraft carriers will take oyou to the navy site on them, really cool stuff!
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

HELLLLLLLO!
    250 ,000 DOLLARS!!!!! wow.
    ALSO notice, it is 1/72 scale, way way smaller than joes 1/18
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk78
    The model is so fantastic that a museum is the only place it should go. I really do hope that some foundation or benefactor views this masterpiece to be worthy of acquiring.

For sure...man, my buddy does this sort of thing...he was flabbergasted. Is that how you spell it?

But for real, that thing is INSANE, nice job to the artist...as it is a piece of art.

Impressive... but honestly, who would pay that much?

Do you know what you could get for that kind of money? It's insane... You could buy a painting by an old master for cripe's sake...