Figure rubber bands snapping

yojoe.com

Figure rubber bands snapping

Over the past two months I've notive alot of my newer figures having snapped bands while on display. 3 of My Cobra Infantry forces, two Venom Cycle Vipers, 1 Red Fast Blast Vipper, Anti-Venom squad Roadblock, a Red ninja viper and 2 more. In all the cases I noticed that the band was a little smaller than the average bands that came with vintage figures. Is Hasbro using smaller bands or something? It is not a big deal for me as an adult but I am worried that some kid out there goes to his mom and says mom look and well they don't know how to fix it. That would be sad.
    Last edited by dmooretoys; 03-27-2005 at 07:48 PM. Reason: language

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah the bands are smaller now for some reason.. maybe they think it is better for tightness. Not only are the bands smaller, but many of the crotch pieces are warped on the inner thigh areas and inner rear portions. That puts strain on the whole thing in the package where they are forced into position. I have had 2 snap right out of the package. Now it is the first thing I check as soon as they are opened. I usually get my wife to pick me up 20 or 30 O rings from her work at a time just to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by Merax
    Not only are the bands smaller, but many of the crotch pieces are warped on the inner thigh areas and inner rear portions. That puts strain on the whole thing in the package where they are forced into position.

I've noticed that too, especially with the Comic pack figures. I have too Cobra Troopers from the Comic packs that have warped middle pieces and their thigh pieces are curved , almost so that you can see right through even with the screw in. Its amazing waht you overlook when you don't examine your figures out of the pack. It took me nearly 4 months to notice that. Hasbro quality control is definitely slacking off.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I am starting to notice more and more people typing several astericks (*) in place of a word they know will be caught by the filters. In my mind this is just as bad as the profanity itself as most people's minds will automatically fill in the word.

Consider this a warning--stop trying to beat the filters.

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

My latest problem is a couple of my older figures, after replaceing the o ring, they seem fine for awhile, but a year later i am finding the tight new o rings have snapped the
    Leg hooks!

only 2 or 3 so far, eventually i ll have to order some
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Quote Originally Posted by dmooretoys
    I am starting to notice more and more people typing several astericks (*) in place of a word they know will be caught by the filters. In my mind this is just as bad as the profanity itself as most people's minds will automatically fill in the word.

Consider this a warning--stop trying to beat the filters.

Dan
    I didn't type the astericks it just kicked in. And the word I typed , was one I had no idea would be considered profanity or banned.

OK, please don't type that word again, then. I thought the filters replaced the words with more symbols than just astericks but I guess I learned something.

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!