G.I.Joe #41. (SPOILERS BEWARE) - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by CGC
    The Sting Raider is a submarine, which is why it is manned by an Electric Eel. That's why it wasn't shown to be shot down. It might be a flying submarine, that isn't exactly crystal clear, but it is definately a submarine, which makes sense out of the depth charges.
    I understand that it's a flying submarine. But it showed them getting hit in the air. The book never showed them going submersible. I assumed that's what happened but to me that's not good story telling. I reader shouldn't have to come up with explanations that are shown. At least in my opinion.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    I do think he should have at least tried his machine guns on the satellite, but I don't think it was ridiculous. His missles wouldn't work on it so he had no choice but to crash his plane into the satellite.
    I had a problem with a jet fighter crashing into a satellite. Satellite's are in orbit outside of earth's gravity. They are in space. Fighter planes aren't space vehicles. It wasn't the fact that Barrell Roll crashed his plane, that was actually cool. If it had been some type of airplane that had the device on it then fine. But in this case he did something that was impossible. And although comic books are fantasy, I have a problem with unrealistic happenings.

The issue seemed rushed to me. For example the Whale depthcharging the Sting Raiders. We never saw the Raiders go underwater. We never saw them blow up from the Depth Charges. It appears they rushed that part of the story. If Jerwa put a little more thought into the Satellite issue, I'm sure he could have come up with something just as dramatic, but made sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnok4life
    I had a problem with a jet fighter crashing into a satellite. Satellite's are in orbit outside of earth's gravity. They are in space. Fighter planes aren't space vehicles. It wasn't the fact that Barrell Roll crashed his plane, that was actually cool. If it had been some type of airplane that had the device on it then fine. But in this case he did something that was impossible. And although comic books are fantasy, I have a problem with unrealistic happenings.

The issue seemed rushed to me. For example the Whale depthcharging the Sting Raiders. We never saw the Raiders go underwater. We never saw them blow up from the Depth Charges. It appears they rushed that part of the story. If Jerwa put a little more thought into the Satellite issue, I'm sure he could have come up with something just as dramatic, but made sense too.
    The way it's drawn, it wasn't in space. It was just in the upper atmosphere. So, based on the drawing it makes sense, and then doesn't.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes you're right. It was drawn in the upper atmosphere. That was the problem. I'm no science wiz.. and maybe I'm incorrect about this.. but I believe a satellite would fall to earth unless it was in space. I'm nitpicking I guess. But things like that bug me.

I got the comic out to answer some ? brought up. (I'm very bored at work (G))

Pg7 - General Rey "COBRA'S DEPLOYED A SUB-ORBITAL WEAPON ....."

Pg8 - The DEPTH CHARGES were to take out the SEA BASE.

Pg's9-10 LADY JAYE, SHOCKWAVE AND GRAND SLAM jump outta the plane but we see 4 Chute's. 1 Chute = Equipment for them.

So anyways we figure Colton is dead. Mindbinder, CC, the Twins, Destro, Baroness, Wraith, and who else? Dang I need a score card for this.

I have never quite been able to follow the Devil's Due comics. It seems like there is always something in the art that makes what is actually going on confusing.
    I am also confused by the many, many deaths of beloved characters but I reserve judgement until I have seen what the end result is. Wraith is just getting broken in, since Baroness, CC, Mindbender, et al have all been dead before. It does seem like overkill in the last two issues, though.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

Quote Originally Posted by danyanda
    I have never quite been able to follow the Devil's Due comics. It seems like there is always something in the art that makes what is actually going on confusing.
    I am also confused by the many, many deaths of beloved characters but I reserve judgement until I have seen what the end result is. Wraith is just getting broken in, since Baroness, CC, Mindbender, et al have all been dead before. It does seem like overkill in the last two issues, though.
    I feel exactly the same way. I thought there was something wrong with me for not totally understanding what is going on.

Has anyone else heard rumors of Lady Jaye being the one that dies?
    "that's the way baseball go"

I wasn't really confused by the art. I didn't catch the 4th parachute but the other two I took in stride and just assumde it was sub-orbital and that the depth charges were to take down the supports for the Sea Base so it would sink.

Now the question is could someone survive parachuting from that height? That I don't know...

Colton - Eh, no big loss there. He appeared what 10 times in all the Joe books?
    Dr. Mindbender - He's only died like 4 times now so maybe this time he will stay dead.
    CC & Twins - Classic rule of comic books, if you don't see a body then they aren't dead. We saw Colton & Mindbender go down so we know they are gone, the others we don't know. CC is way too well known to just throw-away like that. 2 Years from now he'll probably pop back up again.
    ReilToys has closed - thanks for all the memories guys!

Forgot about Hawk...

No way its Hawk, if you recall the issues after he went into the Wheel Chair it was pretty obvious where his loyalties lie, thats way too big of a shift to accept as being plausible. If it is a wrench they throw in then I would have serious issues with it.

I really can't say who I think it is, probably one of the jugglers, even Briggs who we know was working with Cobra.

As for the "old friend" and knowing his name. Issue #86 I think of the Marvel series a number of Joes found out who he was, its not like it was a huge secret or something that others couldn't find out and that was in the '80s so quite a while ago and could fall into the "old friend" category easily.
    ReilToys has closed - thanks for all the memories guys!