Wave 7 Cobra Viper - Variant or Error? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Here too!

Yesterday my friend Lee bought two at a local Target store. He said he didn't even notice until he put them on the shelf next to his other two with symbols.
    I vote Variant.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Of the 12 Wave 7 Vipers I have, one has no symbol. Here's some pictures I took at another forum. http://www.joecustoms.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=25530 A few posts down.

Randy

Now that I'm home, I can directly link the pics.

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC009471.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	902  

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thorn
    i ahve to say any missing paint is always gonna be an error.
    variants are different, not lacking.

But yojoe DOES list some earlier ARAH Joes missing paint as variants. The 94 Flint is an example, black highlighs on one, none on the other.

But I just realized as I was typing this...............WHAT DOES IT MATTER?????

Quote Originally Posted by yojoebro82
    But I just realized as I was typing this...............WHAT DOES IT MATTER?????
    well, if you come across a rare paint app variation, lets say a pimped out
    leopard skin TRU Exclusive, you'd wanna know if you have something
    valuable on your hands, wouldnt you?
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

Quote Originally Posted by donsbabyboo
    well, if you come across a rare paint app variation, lets say a pimped out
    leopard skin TRU Exclusive, you'd wanna know if you have something
    valuable on your hands, wouldnt you?
    Oh yeah. I think we all know that those "pimped out" variants definately DO matter- to the tune of a few hundred bucks!
    Didn't mean to make it sound like the question about the Viper symbol didn't matter. I got one with and one without and I was actually kinda wondering about it myself.

If they're still available anywhere, I'm looking for one, trade, buy, whatever (unpainted viper, no leopard skins for me today - link in my sig). Waves 6 & 7 still haven't made it to this neck of the woods.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Talking Variant Yes, error no

I got a case today and both had no cobra symbol. My friend got a case a week ago and both have symbol. Both cases have identical markings.
    Also in my travels i have seen 80 vipers, breakdown is 72 with symbol and 8 without. Each time without symbol it has been case fresh and both in the case are without. Never has it been 1 with and 1 without. To me this is not an error but a running change. It is too frequent to be an error.

But thats my take.

After reading your post I checked all of my blue Vipers none are missing the Cobra emblem. Now that I know there out there I will keep an eye out for them.

Smile Update

Went to walmart today and found 4 more without symbol.
    This is definatly a variant. In all my years of collecting i have never seen this many errors.