Do you Play with your GiJoe Toys!!! - Page 2

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: How Many GiJoe Figures do you Own ...

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 or Less

0 0%
  • 6 to 10

1 1.59%
  • 11 to 20

0 0%
  • 21 to 30

1 1.59%
  • 31 to 50

1 1.59%
  • 51 to 100

3 4.76%
  • 101 to 200

7 11.11%
  • 201 to 300

9 14.29%
  • 301 to 500

9 14.29%
  • 500 PLUS!!! Im Just Crazy about GiJoe Figs.

32 50.79%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think my collection is up to 300+ now, 95% Cobras. I do play with them, but not in the same way I did when I was little. I only pose them in battle scenes and display them, rearranging them is the fun part for me and I do it about 2 times a week.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't know if you would call it play with them. I just got back into collecting them a couple months ago. Luckily I still have all my old ones from my childhood. In fact I will be picking up my brothers this weekend that he could care less about. It's kind of sad but I have bought more Joes in the last two months than my brother and I had combined as kids.

My boys are a little too young to play with them yet. My oldest is only two and I have let him play with them under strict supervision but for the most part I only let him play with a couple Corps figures I bought for him because I don't care if they get broken or not.

I do have a 4'x8' table in the basement that will use to set up my joes in different scenerios once I build my permanent home for my train set that is using it currently.

yes I still play with them. I have a little nephew that comes over once a week and we still play like when I was a kid. Though he is into more strick Joe vs. Cobra. As a kid my friends use to pick each figure and vehicles we wanted and then have a war. So it was not uncommon to have Joe and Cobra on the same team. Some times you would even get Star Wars on a team.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm nearing the 500 mark, and I sort of play with them i.e. I set them up and photograph them for dios.

I've got 592. It's mostly the 82-01 series but I also included the Sgt Savage series as well as the new comic and six packs.

I don't play with them I just have them sitting there waiting to be displayed when I get enough room.

I was actually sitting in American Legal History class zoning out trying to count just the number of Cobra troop builders I have accumulated... I got to around 450-ish, and later when I got home I realized that there were tons that I'd forgotten about. As for GI Joes, I am not sure... definitely over 100, but I also troop-build action marines, action soldiers, and Steel Brigades, so there is no telling.

Hey SecurityPoliceAF_Joe, I'm assuming you are Security Police in the Air Force... I took my Navy Master-at-Arms training in Lackland at the joint training center, of which I am sure you are intimately familiar - great to see more military (or ex-military) law enforcement posting here. Welcome.

I have about 600 to 700 figures, and I play. My son, Evan is two we play with his joes.
    I will always trade for CLAWS.Any version of CLAWS, or desert CLAWS.

Hey SecurityPoliceAF_Joe, I'm assuming you are Security Police in the Air Force... I took my Navy Master-at-Arms training in Lackland at the joint training center, of which I am sure you are intimately familiar - great to see more military (or ex-military) law enforcement posting here. Welcome.[/QUOTE]

masteratarms2nd class thanks for the welcome. I just got out of the AF. I did my tech school down there in Oct 98- Jan 99 with many a night spent at the Skylark. I remember seeing you guys march every morning and put us AF guys to shame. The Navy also has a much better looking badge than the Air Force.
    Last edited by SecurityPoliceAF_Joe; 04-07-2005 at 12:08 PM.

Not sure how many I have. But I do play with my son and daughter. The other day we were blowing stuff up. My 8 Wolverine's vrs his 10 HISS'es (well they are all mine). But I am much more carefull nowdays.

I usually take the joes out once a week and play with them. Not display, not take pictures, but actually play. It keeps me young. Of course, I always play when my wife is not home.

Right now at home on a table next to the bed, I have my 2 crimson guard 6 pks set up in formation, with a pile of the latest figures I have bought right next to them (about 10 wave 7 vipers, the new snake eyes/swamp rat, and some sw figs. Until we move in July, we are cramped. Once we move, they will have their own room, and it will be on!
    "that's the way baseball go"