Why did they make joes in No O-ring style?

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: O-ring joes versus the other crap!

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • O-ring joes are the BEST , BURN the Others ALive!

23 54.76%
  • Oring joes are Great , dont burn the others!

12 28.57%
  • It Doesnt matter to me , Oring or Not!

6 14.29%
  • .... They made GiJoes that didnt have O-rings???

1 2.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Why did they make joes in No O-ring style?

I dont know about the majority of people but if a GiJoe isnt the Oring type then it aint no GiJoe.
    WHY ohhhh Why did they ever make the " Other kind " for?
    i only owned 1 No Oring gijoe and i hated it ... now theres like a mix of them ,,, buying them on ebay or whereever i find a nice figure and i have to try an see if its the Real Deal o ring one ... im collecting Neo Vipers , but now after i already ordered a few i see version 1 , 2 & 3 are the OTHER KIND , not oring.
    Never Make the "other kind" again!!! whos with me!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think they make the o-rings too tight on some of the newer figures. Some of my figures can't even stand up straight because their legs are always wanting to bend upward.

I like both the no-rings and the o-rings. Most of the no-rings have some sort of action attack.

I'm not a big fan of the no-rings (nice name for them, by the way, I like it!), but they do serve a purpose. Like Apochronox just stated, they normally go to the action attack figures (which I also don't like), but they are also alot stronger and harder to break than the o-ring figures, and that works out great, since everyone of them I get go to my son.

By the way, if anyone has any no-ring (love that name) figures, especially figure only (no gear) I am in the market for my son, especially Neo-Vipers, because I am trying to get him into army bulding, too.

-Jim
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    Mr. Bunny says, "Check out my Sale/Trade List and my Wanted List."
    (> <)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Don't burn the non o-ring figures...they can still be useful for custom or cannon fodder, depending on which figures you like or dislike.
    You can create anything if you use your imagination...it has no limits.

I am the Asian Sensation of Innovation!

I army build a select few non O-ring figs. and those are only Cobra. Most of the non O-rings I don't have a use for and can happily do without or just toss into my son'r Joe drawer. In fact, my son has pretty much the entire assortment of non o-ring figs .

Quote Originally Posted by Merax
    I army build a select few non O-ring figs. and those are only Cobra. Most of the non O-rings I don't have a use for and can happily do without or just toss into my son'r Joe drawer. In fact, my son has pretty much the entire assortment of non o-ring figs .
    SEE!?!?

-Jim
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

Oring joes are Great , dont burn the others!

I think almost everybody prefers the o-rings, but I'm surprised that (at this point) 50% say burn the no-rings. It was just Hasbro trying a few other features, they flopped, & we got the o-rings back. I don't mind at all that they're trying different things, if it wasn't for that, we'd still have the old `80's Kenner Star Wars articulation.

I agree that the newer o-rings seem to be getting too tight, seems like ½ my newer figs have osteoporosis!, Stand at attention? ain't gonna happen!.

Anyway - I hope they do keep trying new things, (when the line returns, that is), you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, just so long as they only keep the ideas that are actually improvements.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

the word was when they made the 2001 new sculpt figs that the non o-ring design was a way to add more detail to the figs and lessen the chances of o-ring failure and crotch breakage.
    I personally think this is a load of garbage and it was a way to save money.
    I have also stated before that I think Hasbro has tried to rape the old line by cashing in on the character popularity and revamping anything and everything they can. I guess this must be some sort of attempt to make more money but it always seems to me like change for the sake of change. I don't find any of the 2001+ sculpt alterations (t-crotch, proportions, rivet changes, articulation changes) to be improvements over the old line, and they actively keep the old and new sculpts from being compatible for me. It is a shame because Hasbro has done some amazing new things with accessories, head sculpts (they can sculpt a woman now!), detail, etc... that are vast improvements and often go overlooked due to the fact that they are used on figures with fundamental problems with proportions, etc...
    In my opinion Hasbro could still cash in big making about 12 new characters per year in old sculpt style (aka Horror Show - entirely or mostly newly sculpted parts in old sculpt proportions) and making about 5-20 old mold repaints or frankensteined figures aka TRU sets. With some creativity this could be AWESOME, and my personal philosophy is that after the hiatus we will see the line go more in this directions. They HAVE to realize how immensely popular things like the Cobra Infantry, OCS, and Comic Packs have been, and I personally am waiting to give them more money when the right product appears.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

Speaking of the Hiatus, I really am looking forward to it. These Sigma 6 figures look really cool in an anime sort of way, and I can't wait to see the second wave. But then, I'm the guy trying to collect the entire GI Joe Extreme line, too. Go figure.

Now, where as I like the Sigma 6 line, though, I will also be looking forward to the day we return to the original scale and such, after S6 is over.

-Jim
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    Quote Originally Posted by NightViperOne
    Speaking of the Hiatus, I really am looking forward to it. These Sigma 6 figures look really cool in an anime sort of way, and I can't wait to see the second wave. But then, I'm the guy trying to collect the entire GI Joe Extreme line, too. Go figure.

Now, where as I like the Sigma 6 line, though, I will also be looking forward to the day we return to the original scale and such, after S6 is over.

-Jim
    Jim, I think you're the ONLY one who actually wants to see Sigma Six the Line Killer