Predicting the Sigma Six's Popularity?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Predicting the Sigma Six's Popularity?

Now i Know that the S6 will have a big cartoon support net, however i think that the s6 popularity can be gauged based upon the sales of these new star wars force battelers, which seem like the sw equivelent of s6

i don't know about you folks but the sw figures have been pretty much picked over at all the stores i've been too selling i'd say 25% of the basic figure stock during this first week, however the force battelers seem like real pegwarmers, why get one forcebattler when you could get 2 action figures?

regardless there are 20+ of these things warming the shelf in every store locally........any opinions.......i say this bodes unwell for s6
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    Sigma Six the Line Killer is going to be REALLY popular...........

.........when it's the main attraction of TRU's 90% off green tag clearance sale.

And even then it STILL doesn't sell.

Its the same way at every store locally here. I made my usual toy run this weekend the Force battlers look to be serious peg warmers here as well. Granted these dont have a nice cartoon to go with them. But if one of the popular toy franchises cant get these things to sell what good is a little old saturday morning cartoon going to do. Maybe the poor sales on the Force Battlers will make Hasbro think twice about wasting their money on Sigma Six.

Brad

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

S6 is going to flop big time. Not becuase of the design, scale or the fact they replaced the 3-3/4" and 12" lines with it. It all comes down to the price. At $15 a pop, a heck of a lot more can be bought from other toy lines. So, they might start selling when they are clearanced at TRU for 90% off. Of course, it will be too late then.

Quote Originally Posted by carnage717
    Maybe the poor sales on the Force Battlers will make Hasbro think twice about wasting their money on Sigma Six.
    I hope so. If Hasbro does notice poor sales for the Force Battlers compared to the 4" Star Wars figs, the first thing they should do is re-scale their Sigma 6 line. I don't mind paying 5.99 for a single pack of a well-sculpted 4" figure with plenty of personalized, realistic accessories. A price point $1 lower than the current price for a two-pack has to help Hasbro with the profit margin. If it works for Star Wars, can't it work with Joe?
    Bryon

I think they will be peg warmers also. I do plan on buying a few once the prices drop down just because I'm a ninja and a USMC fan. I just hope Toys r US comes through for us and keeps the 3 3/4 line running for a while.

I think the general consensus here seems to be the price is too high. I agree, I don't think too much of what I've seen, but compared to the style of some other recent action figs, & the popularity of anime, Hasbro probably has a good idea, but that $15 tag, I think if it was anything under ten it would do fine.

If I see them clearanced at 90% off, ugly anime garbage or not, I think I'd clean them up - for $1.50 each, that'd be good stocking stuffers, basket fillers, or throw 'em in a trunk, sit on 'em for 10 years, & by then they'll be decent trade fodder.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

The Force Battlers are still warming the pegs here too. I find it interesting that Hasbro euthanized the 3 3/4" and 12" line to make room for S6, saying they didn't want to confuse the kids, yet for Star Wars they have 3 3/4", 12", 8", and those Attacktix figures. I guess Star Wars collectors are better able to understand the differences in scale than Joe collectors.

One more thing, if adult collectors only account for 15% of GI Joe sales, does Hasbro think Star Wars collectors are a higher number than that? Maybe 17, 18 percent?

It's real interesting to see the two different philosophies in place here for these two lines.

I don't even know why they're stopping the 3 3/4 line for this. Around my area, Joe completely sold out at Christmas time and is still steadily selling. If the line is selling, just make adjustments so it sells better and keep going. And making a figure because of a new show doesn't mean it will work (like the recent He-Man line). I think they won't find people wanting to pay $15 for a figure and they'll lose all the income from what people are buying.

Hasbro will choke on Sigma Six figures and will return to the regular line within a year. That's my prediction.

It's too early to tell. I'm not going to go by the Star Wars figures on this, since they are competing with the regular figures.

I will say that the price is too high. We need to think outside of ourselves and of fathers who are Joe fans that will buy these for their kids. I don't think that price will be very attractive to parents when/if their kids ask for the Sigma Six toys.