Stripped screws

yojoe.com

Thread: Stripped screws

Stripped screws

Has anyone come up with a good way to get stripped scrw out of their figures? I got a big lot of parts, and can really use the torso of one of them, but the screw is rusty and stripped.
    can anyone help?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Dremmel tool and lots of patience. Sometimes a slightly bigger screwdriver, someone mentioned super glueing the screwdriver to the screw itself a while back (haven't tried it yet). Different things work better for different people. I just use the dremmel on them enough to let my screwdriver get a good bite.

A steady hand, a small drill bit, & an EZ-out. Carefully drill into the phillips cut of the screw, past the head & into the screw itself. Press an ez-out (you can get them at a Fastenall or a Tool-Crib, if there isn't one near you, try Grainger) as far in as you can by hand, then twist it out. The ez-out is tapered counter-clockwise, so it will only continue to tighten into the shaft you've drilled until it finally bites, then it will turn the screw out.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ive had some crusty screws in my day The way I get them out is to have an electronics small screwdriver kit, so that you can select the best phillips for your crust. To get the torque you need I turn the screwdriver with a pair of pliers while pressing the figure down on a nice soft firm surface. Dont let the screwdriver slip or else the screw will be screwed and you'll have to go with the other techniques. You should hear a satisfying snap as the screw loosens. I was also thinking of using a drop of WD40, but never had to go that route.
    Visualize world peace through Cobra military supremacy.

bugger. I don't have a dremmel or small Drill. I thought about the super glue one, but I wasn't sure how that would work. How much effort would you expend to recover a Straight Arm Scarlett torso and Right Arm? The left arm is thumb broken and I have better heads.But if it works maybe I can fix up that Cross Country! lol

depends on how much you like the figure and how bored you are I guess.. I fought a screw in ol SGT Slaughter for a week once just cuz I like the fig so much.

well honestly after doing prolly a hundred or more 'operations' ive only really lost a few legs. backs are easy cause you can even use a regular drill with a small drill bit to drill down the screw head to pop it off, then remove the back piece and you will be left with a small piece of the screw still sticking up. use a pair of pliers and turn the screw out, just like you would with a screwdriver

OMG i had a screw like that in a marujo not too long ago and I fought it all dang day. I tried the glue route to no avail. Then i did the drill route and it took me awhile but i got it. you have to be very very carefull w/ it cuz you can really ruin a figure that way.
    Parts needed --- buy or trade!!
    Night Striker -- vertical veins & horizontal veins
    Dreadnok stinger -- Drivers door
    CAT -- gun tip, battery cover

Lightbulb i had a similar problem

I looked to see if there was anything left to the srew that would bite, I used a wood drill bit, that was acted like a srewdriver. (it wasnt attached to a drill ) I think it was a 7/8 wood drill bit. It worked for the back screws with no problem. If there isnt anything but a complete circle in the back screw it wont work.
    Gi joe helped me to learn to swim! And knowing was half the battle!
    Skystriker's to Trade list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...414#post287414
    Skystriker's Wants list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...413#post287413
    Skystriker's Body Parts wants /trade http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=64536
    Here's some pics of my stuff http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/