btr A.V.A.C. pic - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslingercbr
    I'd actually say the opposite and say no we won't, and for two reasons.

1. BTR was done by a diiferent team and is seperate from the regular Joe line.

and most importantly...

2. just look at past history. no other BTR exclusive figure was ever un-BTR'ed and released, so there is no reason to believe this one will. past history is the best indicator of future releases.
    But Hasbro is aware from the convention last year that most of the fans really liked at least the designs of the figures, so I wouldn't put it past them to either retool the BTR figures, or create new molds based on the designs (particularly the well recieved Firefly figure)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GI Steevy
    But Hasbro is aware from the convention last year that most of the fans really liked at least the designs of the figures, so I wouldn't put it past them to either retool the BTR figures, or create new molds based on the designs (particularly the well recieved Firefly figure)
    sure, but that then falls in the relam of we hope they do, not that it is likely they will. it is actually more likely they won't, based on past practices.

I'm not saying it is unlikely, but that it is less likely than more likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingercbr
    sure, but that then falls in the relam of we hope they do, not that it is likely they will. it is actually more likely they won't, based on past practices.

I'm not saying it is unlikely, but that it is less likely than more likely to happen.
    Past practices influenced by needs of a normal retail environment, which (for the most part) no longer apply.
    Basically, all we have is hope, and now that Hasbro has shown a willingness to LISTEN to collectors, that hope is quite readily available.

And I never said that we WERE going to get any retooled BTR figures, but I do think chances are higher now that Hasbro is doing this whole line without the input and pressures from normal brick and mortar retailers.

We'll just have to wait and see

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey thanks! Some of those figs look cool. I dont have any BTR,l but it looks like the only difference is the "lego" bumps on the forearms. I'm thinking of picking up some of these on clearance. Sometimes what is unpopular now becomes collectible later.
    Visualize world peace through Cobra military supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Slither
    Hey thanks! Some of those figs look cool. I dont have any BTR,l but it looks like the only difference is the "lego" bumps on the forearms. I'm thinking of picking up some of these on clearance. Sometimes what is unpopular now becomes collectible later.
    The only thing of BTR that will be truely collectible will be the second wave, which unfortunately only made it out in Ohio (Cincinnatti is a place I heard mentioned the most)

The first wave were HORRENDOUS shelfwarmers, in fact, I saw an Armadillo with Duke just this past Christmas at a Walmart's "leftovers dug for the holiday" aisle (along with the GI Joe VvV Night Adder and a bunch of Spy Troops Ninja Showdown sets)

Many of the smaller sets (like the Rock Crusher and Rising Tide) ended up at Family Dollar and Dollar General discounters, along with a bunch of its sister line in Transformers (which, incidentally, saw a great improvement in quality with the second series as well)