Collecting Goals (poll)

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: What are your collecting goals?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Completionist with little or no army building

13 12.50%
  • Completionist plus army building

15 14.42%
  • I buy what I want, with little or no army building

21 20.19%
  • I buy what I want, and I army build

48 46.15%
  • COBRAAAAAAA! (Almost all I do is army build)

7 6.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Collecting Goals (poll)

Over the last few months I have been searching the trading forums here atvyojoe, and a few other places, and I have come to some conclusions about the hobby, but I want to be closer to correct, so here's a poll.

While it is nowhere near scientific, please answer honestly.

KEY: army building = more than six of a character and/or paint scheme

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I buy what I want and I armybuild.

I voted for: I buy what I want and I armybuild.

LOL..I like this one " COBRAAAAAAA! (Almost all I do is army build)" I did not vote for this one though I should..but I like to buy certain new figures and have certain Joe figures that I like to army build.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I voted-COBRAAAAAAA

I started with only buying what I like and a little armybuilding, but within the last year or so I moved on to just Cobra armybuilding. The main reason is armybuilding is expencive, so instead of getting both Joes and Cobras I limit myself to Cobra. The same reason that I stoped collecting Transformers and traded them all away.
    Support your local Search and Rescue... GET LOST

I just buy what I want while armybuilding both Joe and Cobra forces.

I only army build to balance out my good guy numbers. I don't try to overwhelm them.

-PJ

Quote Originally Posted by RAS ONE J
    I voted for: I buy what I want and I armybuild.

LOL..I like this one " COBRAAAAAAA! (Almost all I do is army build)" I did not vote for this one though I should..but I like to buy certain new figures and have certain Joe figures that I like to army build.
    You and I have alot in common here. I also have certain Joe figures I like to army build or involuntarily army build like Beachhead and Crosshair. I got turned off by the endless repeats of Duke's Stalker, etc... To me more creativity goes into Cobra. I have been Army building those greenshirts though, I have swopped their heads with some BBI and Powerteam figures and now I have enough variety of them so they don't look so alike.

I only buy what I like plus I do a bit of armybuilding too.

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby
    I only army build to balance out my good guy numbers. I don't try to overwhelm them.

-PJ

I love my Joes overwhelm right now I have a Mauler, a Patriot, and a Humvee surrounded by two Rages, a Hiss 2, a Hiss 2b, 2 Hiss's , and 8 Hiss 3's.....simply awesome. Trucial Abysmia all over again! Hail Cobraaaa!
    Last edited by joebahama; 03-23-2005 at 08:00 PM.

I guess I'm an enemy completionist. Anything somewhat Joe related, if it's the bad guy, I gotta have it. There's been a little army building, but mostly by chance, getting multiples through auction lots, & that kind of thing.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.