New HISS with Pit viper is out.

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New HISS with Pit viper is out.

I picked it up today at Target in S.Central LA. (Along with two more Viper/Gung-Ho packs so much for me being satisfied with 3)

Honestly... I was looking forward to it but wasn't crazy about it... Now that I have it in hand....

It's only okay. I can easily see myself parting with this unopened.

The Pit Viper is one of my favorite Army Builders. BUT..this new color scheme is really blah. Like the new black Airborne that comes with the little jet, this stealthy paint job adds nothing to the figure. It removes details, it doesn't enhance them.

I like the HISS 4 enough. And I think I like the old deserty snakey paint job more than this black with blue one.

Oddly it includes the Sound Attack gun but the sound attack guts have been removed leaving a big hole in the shell when the button was.

The new turret is okay.

Overall on a scale from 1-10. It's a 5. Very middle of the road.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Dang beef, angry? hehe. I got mine. It is my first hiss 4 (and pit viper) and I dig it! I'm getting the original paint scheme from ebay soon. Yeah, too bad about the sound attack missing though.
    Visualize world peace through Cobra military supremacy.

Thumbs up

Cool, I thought that it was canned? This is the blue repaint, right? Got a pic?
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CGC
    Cool, I thought that it was canned? This is the blue repaint, right? Got a pic?
    I posted pics over at adc:
    http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1990462

beware, they are kind of large.

Those are good pics, I wanted to see the turret up close. It looks to be a big improvement on that punny gun on the Hiss IV, that one was really too small.

I only wonder why they did not rename this the Hiss IVb or Hiss 5. I mean they just call it the Hiss. There is already one Hiss.
    Last edited by joebahama; 05-12-2005 at 04:20 PM.

I like it. Curse you Hasbro!! My poor wallet!

Thanks, good close ups!
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

I want one!!! .

I imagine the prices are going to be pretty high on these if you can't find them in the stores though.

What's with Hasbro and all these unrealistically large guns with missiles all over them? Kinda gay. Good paint though. Like the Pit Viper. But why not just a new sculpt HISS Driver?
    Dead-Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Merax
    I want one!!! .

I imagine the prices are going to be pretty high on these if you can't find them in the stores though.

My sentiments exactly, I am pretty sure hasbro probably only ordered a small amount of units of this product especially since it was released while on the short hiatus. These will probably be selling for at least $40 on ebay so army building those will be impractical. I want two though, I just can't get one of an army builder vehicle like a Hiss. If I can get two for a good price I'd grab 'em.