So anyone want to place bets on how long before Sigma 6 is cancelled? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Well...

I've seen cornier things come the flourish as far as toylines are concerned. Power Rangers anyone? Why this hasn't died a death of a 1000 deaths is beyond me.

As it stands the figures are a noville idea but I won't get them because they're overused figs and of characters I don't have any attachment towards. If they did a Flint with a v1 resemblence, I'd get it. Same with a Lady Jaye (v1).

I won't discount Sigma yet.
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sigma Six will last as long as the cartoon series last, look at the power rangers, ninja turtles, batman, grown ups buy whatever toy series they see their kids are watching and want to play with.

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    S6 will be the cornerstone of TRU's 90%-off-green-tag-clearance sale come year's end.

And they STILL won't get touched.

This is hands down Hasbro's DUMBEST idea ever spawned. They'll realize it when the line tanks miserably.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think it will last two years at the most.

Look at He-Man and Ninja Turtles. He-Man died and I don't see all of those TMNT figures flying off the pegs.

hi all - new to the forum. due to hasbro rules, I can't say anything that isn't public domain. plus, mr. stall, wayne, or billy at the con could answer any questions you have on spot. just wanted to make myself available to the collector public for some questions and stuff.

I work on sigma 6, I really believe in it and am honestly really excited about it as a fan and collector. being one of the lead designers on the project and 'toon - I have seen it since it's inception, and I 'm happy to say I believe it will exceed everybody's expectations.

we designed the brand with kids in mind - plain in simple. the toys are rock-solid durable and come with some of the coolest features I've ever seen in a toy. the show is turing out to be one of the best cartoons ever. it takes my breath away every time I see something new. the production team is out of this world.

so, in answer to the question in this thread - I think Sigma 6 will be around for a long while. I love classic RAH, but I respect and love Sigma 6, and can't wait to see the stuff fly off the shelves. it's about time that kids of today have a real hero that isn't a turtle or a man-spider. once you guys actually see it in person and play withthe gear, pose out the figures - they are really hard to put down. check them out at the con if you get a chance. the team here is all really proud of them.

Since I haven't even seen the figs yet, I can't pass judgement. I hope the line does well, if for nothing else than to keep the franchise in the more public eye and to really irritate the nay-sayer's nerves.That being said... can someone give me a link to some good pics. That way I can become informed.

It's nice to have John come on and share his perspective. I can't say what kids like these days. But I imagine that the success of the toy line will depend to a large degree on the cartoons. If the cartoons are good, then the toys will sell, because they look like quality items.

I agree The cartoon could make or break the sigma 6 toy line. I am looking forward to buying them, however it will be only one of each instead of my normal 2 of everything. I wish hasbro would at least give one brick and mortar store the option of selling the 3 3/4 line right next to the sigma 6. I am having withdrawals due to not seeing any figs on the pegs at our local Wal Mart. I work security there and the time really goes by much slower now. So even the sigma 6 will be an eye pleaser.

WOOOOOO HHOOO!!! nicE1 we got an actual hasbro personage on here! excellent!

if they dont overproduce sigma six, it might be ok. i could see having a couple of them myself, and you never know what the kids will like.
    they wont last like 3 3/4, but they might be around awhile, especially if the toon is good
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Cool to see a Hasbro rep come on and make a post!

Personally I'm not interested in Sigma 6 - then again its not for the collectors as John stated. Its not the size that turns me off, its the anime flavor. I suspect many collectors feel the same way.

Collectors dont want them, which means kids wont have to compete for their availability. I hope the kids do dig 'em, I really can't tell. The line may last a year or more, but I dont see them having the 20+ year staying power of 3 3/4.