So anyone want to place bets on how long before Sigma 6 is cancelled? - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    I will not place bets on it. I've seen some stupid toys at WalMart, so Sigma 6 isn't really a huge exception.

However, I like the fact that the top and the bottom halves of the S6 package snap together to hold the weapons. Nice work on that one.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

One epi

All I know is originally my wal-mart set aside a big display area and now will only put out six at a time and they all are still sittin. Same with target I could buy the whole line at any time. I do think the top and bottom making a case is cool too though. None of my nephews like the line or the cartoon. So I do not think they are gonna fly around here.

ttfndude

If the price point were lower (say around ten bucks) I'd give Sigma Six a much better chance. I really think they are pretty nice figures in terms of their quality, articulation and accessories. Apart from maybe Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, they just ain't Joe to me. Not to mention Joe has always been about the awesome vehicles and playsets as much as the figures themselves.

I guess it's possible that kids who don't have a strong association to the Joes we all know and love may be a lot more accepting of the line. That would give it some staying power. But at $14.99 a pop, I just don't see the line lasting the long haul. Then again, Power Rangers are a fine example that anything is possible.

Just my two cents.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I purchased a Storm Shadow today at TRU. I have to say I like the detailed weapons and the fancy box. I really just bought it because it's SS. I did notice, like other members said, the shape of the figure looks robotic. Hasbro is getting away from the military style "look" of the figure. Which, in my opinion, gives it (RAH) a little reality. But I guess their leaning the sigma more toward the cartoon. I didn't like the price, $16.23 after tax. I think I'm gonna stick to the RAH series. Cool figure, but the price may scare off parents.

Quote Originally Posted by wichitastang
    I purchased a Storm Shadow today at TRU. I have to say I like the detailed weapons and the fancy box. I really just bought it because it's SS.
    Does SS = Storm Shadow or SS = Sigma Six?

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko
    Does SS = Storm Shadow or SS = Sigma Six?
    Storm Shadow