How many Ranger qualified guys are in the Joe team? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hehe feel free to jump in with your input Don! I was just hoping I wouldnt end up offending someone.

*hides from Ann*
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah, I like discussions like this; hey on that note what Cobra units do you think is the most similiar to Rangers ; well in terms of training and capabilities. I'd probably say Alley Vipers.

Also which Joes were in the Rangers in the Comic or Cartoon, does anyone know this?
    Last edited by joebahama; 05-21-2005 at 04:51 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by joebahama
    Yeah, I like discussions like this; hey on that note what Cobra units do you think is the most similiar to Rangers ; well in terms of training and capabilities. I'd probably say Alley Vipers.
    I'm not really sure which cobra troops would be most like them. I have an Alley viper but dont really know much about them except I think it's a cool looking figure! Anyone else have any ideas?
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

Well if you went by the Cobra filecards then they train a lot harder than ANY military unit in the world. Night Vipers that don't see the sun? Come on.
    Dead-Eye

Quote Originally Posted by sinnister View Post
    Agreed. However, for a reserve unit it could be different just out of lack of training. When I went into the reserves I had changed my MOS to the medical field so that I'd be able to find a job in the civilian sector. When you go to drill 2 days (one weekend) a month, you dont have a lot of time for training. What training is done is generally MOS specific. I dont blame the soldiers at all. I blame the leadership. In combat arms you are constantly handling, cleaning, using firearms so it just becomes second nature. Most of these reservists hadn't seen a rifle since basic training. If you dont keep using your skills you will lose them. With reserves/NG it's really hard to balance what training to do. You want your soldiers (in a medical unit) to be very proficient with all their medical stuff because that is what they are going to be doing when they get called out. You also have to plan for the unexpected....like the wrong turn that convoy took so that your soldiers can do what needs to be done there as well. I dont envy anyone in a leadership role in the reserves that's for certain. Too much to learn/train and way too little time to do it.
    If you are from medical field then you must have the knowledge of lcd for 76882. If you have knowledge about it then let me know. Waiting for your response.
    Last edited by michalshawn; 10-02-2021 at 01:55 PM.