How many Ranger qualified guys are in the Joe team?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How many Ranger qualified guys are in the Joe team?

Here's what I found:
    Beachhead
    Stalker
    Snakeeyes
    Flint
    Crazylegs
    Sneakpeek
    Freefall

I always assumed Hit and Run was a Ranger too but his filecard doesn't mention it.

As for these guys I don't know if any of them were in actual ranger units other than Beachhead and Stalker.

I'm not 100% sure since I dont have all the file cards. However...according to Lady Jaye's file card she is 'ranger qualified'. Of course...in the real world...this is impossible. There are no female rangers or any ranger qualified female.

I'll also add that there are no female 'infantrymen/women' either in the real army...
    Last edited by sinnister; 05-21-2005 at 02:23 PM.
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

Quote Originally Posted by sinnister
    I'm not 100% sure since I dont have all the file cards. However...according to Lady Jaye's file card she is 'ranger qualified'. Of course...in the real world...this is impossible. There are no female rangers or any ranger qualified female.
    Oh really, thats interesting. But do you think Hit n' Run looks like a ranger although his filecard doesn't mention it. I mean he looks better than most of those other guys like Sneakpeak (who's too fat) and Crazylegs whose uniform is ridiculous. I was considering army building 6 of him and using them to hang repeling from my BBI Blackhawk to simulate the Rangers. What do you think?

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well...I'm not sure what a ranger is supposed to 'look like'. Since you mentioned Sneak Peek...generally rangers are slim and trim. We had a much tougher PT regimine than other units. For instance...most units you only have to do a 2 mile run for the PT test. We would do the two mile run for time (I'd generally come in around 11:30 or so) and then you had to keep going another 3 miles. We also had to maintain at least a 90% on our PT test if we wanted to stay in battalion.

I really like the H&R figure. I treat the FC's with a grain of salt. They are fun to read and I want them all but thats about it. I'd probably use him in a ranger unit.
    Sinnister

WANT LIST

I'll go ahead and address the whole female ranger/infantryman thing and I'll attempt to not sound chauvinistic while doing so.

It is physically impossible for a woman to do this. I'm not saying a woman 'couldnt' by any means. I know plenty of females that are tougher than me and could put a whoopin on me at their whim! We are built different that's all. For instance...I have been deployed and have not been able to take a shower for 3 months. A woman doesnt have this luxury. Since her urethra is much shorter than a man's, they are more prone to develope urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and things like that. Not to mention when it is her time of the month!!! The Army mandates that while in the field, a woman must have access to some sort of shower/bathing facility at least every 3 days. Being infantry or a ranger this is highly unlikely. We had to use baby wipes or the little hand wipe that comes in your MRE to clean our 'important parts'! Sure we stunk to high heaven...but we weren't as easily prone to infections caused by not bathing.

This all being said...I know several women that would make outstanding rangers if it werent for the hygene problems...
    Last edited by sinnister; 05-21-2005 at 02:37 PM.
    Sinnister

WANT LIST

So I assume this is also the case with other SF units like Seals, Marine Recon Delta etc.,.. That movie GI Jane is total unrealistic in my book. Oh and not to mention the fact about how a soldier would feel if a female soldier in his unit was captured or killed. Totally different mental situation there.

Quote Originally Posted by sinnister
    I'll go ahead and address the whole female ranger/infantryman thing and I'll attempt to not sound chauvinistic while doing so.

It is physically impossible for a woman to do this. I'm not saying a woman 'couldnt' by any means. I know plenty of females that are tougher than me and could put a whoopin on me at their whim! We are built different that's all. For instance...I have been deployed and have not been able to take a shower for 3 months. A woman doesnt have this luxury. Since her urethra is much shorter than a man's, they are more prone to develope urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and things like that. Not to mention when it is her time of the month!!! The Army mandates that while in the field, a woman must have access to some sort of shower/bathing facility at least every 3 days. Being infantry or a ranger this is highly unlikely. We had to use baby wipes or the little hand wipe that comes in your MRE to clean our 'important parts'! Sure we stunk to high heaven...but we weren't as easily prone to infections caused by not bathing.

This all being said...I know several women that would make outstanding rangers if it werent for the hygene problems...

Nice conversation you two are having here!!
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

hehe feel free to jump in with your input Don! I was just hoping I wouldnt end up offending someone.

*hides from Ann*
    Sinnister

WANT LIST

Yeah, I like discussions like this; hey on that note what Cobra units do you think is the most similiar to Rangers ; well in terms of training and capabilities. I'd probably say Alley Vipers.

Quote Originally Posted by joebahama
    Yeah, I like discussions like this; hey on that note what Cobra units do you think is the most similiar to Rangers ; well in terms of training and capabilities. I'd probably say Alley Vipers.
    I'm not really sure which cobra troops would be most like them. I have an Alley viper but dont really know much about them except I think it's a cool looking figure! Anyone else have any ideas?
    Sinnister

WANT LIST