Do joes fit in 1/18 scaled cars??

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do joes fit in 1/18 scaled cars??

I've been wondering this for a little while now, do joe figures fit in 1/18 scaled vehicules? I've been planning to get a 1/18 scaled limo or mercedez for the business twins and Headman for a dio.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Redmao
    I've been wondering this for a little while now, do joe figures fit in 1/18 scaled vehicules? I've been planning to get a 1/18 scaled limo or mercedez for the business twins and Headman for a dio.
    It really depends on the car and the figure. Some of the vehicles aren't even 1/18th scale but much smaller. Be sure to check the space under the steering wheel.
    Most convertibles work nicely. I also have a new VW Beetle which some Joes fit in.
    I've seen a 1/18th scale limo but the store sold out of them.
    I'm guessing Headman would need a convertible because of his hat.

that's very motivating info thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Most of the time, the joes will not fit in the vehicles. the space between the steering wheel and the seat is not big enough to fit the thick legs, the area under the steering column is usually too short for the length of the legs and the seats are usually too high and the figures heads will not fit under the roof.

what i do, i take the screws out and dismantle the vehicle. i cut the area under the steering column out (usually where the foot pedals are). then i cut the bottom of the seat off and scoot it back as far as i can without it showing the original holesin the floor. then i glue the seat directly to the floor board. i am not sure if you can tell from the pics, but that is what i did here.

i have done this with a couple of vehicles and it works well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeep1.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	972  

That wrangler looks awesome! Way better than some crappy hummer.

nice one amphigory- where are the swords!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like the 1-18 cars also, i should try some modding to fit a joe in there

Secret Military Installation near the Pacific Ocean

Cool

convertibles and open top vehicles work the best.

i tried to fit some joes on a jaguar s-type .... nope ... won't work.

but on my bmw z3 ... they work just fine.

so ... if you wanna get some vehicles, i'd go for the Jeep TJ Rubicon ... or the Nissan 350Z convertible ... heh

Limo

I have a 1/18 scale limo i was going to ebay if anyone is interested before it goes on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by amphigory
    what i do, i take the screws out and dismantle the vehicle. i cut the area under the steering column out (usually where the foot pedals are). then i cut the bottom of the seat off and scoot it back as far as i can without it showing the original holesin the floor. then i glue the seat directly to the floor board. i am not sure if you can tell from the pics, but that is what i did here.

i have done this with a couple of vehicles and it works well.
    this I have to try

I've stuck Joes in many 1/18th scaled cars. A lot of them don't work, but fortunately my favorite car happens to. Heres a link to a picture of the Baroness and Chuckles in there Corvette's.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y206/v...t=000_0071.jpg