CORPS figure in G.I Joe packaging

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CORPS figure in G.I Joe packaging

Hey guys,

I had a strange find today at Wal-Mart.

I picked up the Gung Ho, Cobra Viper two-pack because instead of the Cobra Viper, it's a CORPS action figure. He fits right into the bubble. I checked the packaging tape, but it appears to not have been tampered with. I imagine that this could be proof that these toys are manufactured at the same factory.

I can try and post up pics if noone's familar with this. I know it may sounds like a fake, or a scam, but it's not. I just don't know much about Joes. I'm a MOTU and Transformers guy.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

-DF

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd like to see a pic of this. You might have a ingenous figure-swapper that you fell prey to. I presume it's still in package?

Yeah, I'll try and get picks up. Trust me, it hasn't been swapped. Tape and card at seams are perfect. But I'm sure me being a new guy, and claiming I have some wierd rarity is strange, and even I would suggest a swap.

I'll try and get pics up.

-DF

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm not much older around here than you. Just joined about a month or so ago.

I actually don't even focus on variants or the sort, unless it's been pointed out in post that I run across or I notice it while perusing the archives.

Other, more experienced posters here, can most likely probally help you out here in regards to this than I could.

Still like to see pics of the front and back though. I've picked up the entire 2003 Commando Force CORPS run and and seen a few GH/Viper packs on shelves where I didn't notice any discrepancies. Seeing a Lanard fig mixxed with a Hasbro would be pretty interesting.

As an aside, I looked at the MISB Justin Case I bought today to army build a few of them for Beachhead to command and saw that the package said Kowloob, HK as the manufacturing origin (Manf HQ?). Does anyone know the specific manufacturing locale of Joes made in HK? Maybe this could provide a clue as to the possible same manufacturing locale for these lines?

I hate to disappoint you but it sound like you got a 2 pack that a figure swapper had his hands on. It is easy to open from the back and reseal it to like new condition. I bought one when i first started collecting again last november and it had a custom duke figure and something else in it. I thought it was an error. After examining it close when i got home and after i made a similar post I noticed a fingerprint on the sticky side of the tape which there shouldnt be any there. Due to the high demand of the viper and a lot of people dont want 100 gung ho figures unlike myself (Semper Fi) they are shoplifting the figures. And yes that is shoplifting. I hope this was helfpul.

I at least hope they did a good job on the custom Duke. Do you still have it?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulcatcherX
    I at least hope they did a good job on the custom Duke. Do you still have it?
    No. I returned it in discust. I believe it was partially from the one that comes with the voice fx 12 inch duke. And some of the legs were from the other figure in the 2 pack. they were all mixed up. It was very strange. One of them had a different head of some kind also. I have i pic if interested.

I certainly would like to see a pic.

http://photos.yojoe.com/showgallery....00&ppuser=4697

Here is a link to my photos in Yo Joe. I just set this up so if there is a problem Let me Know. If you notice the lower halves of the legs have been switched also.

Wow, that's weird. I didn't realize the package was that easy to open.