CORPS figure in G.I Joe packaging - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I understand! but the bottom line is that I believe he was juped.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Juped? LOL, I know what you mean, and yes, I agree. Take that crap back and get your money, dude. You got ripped!

-Jim
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    Mr. Bunny says, "Check out my Sale/Trade List and my Wanted List."
    (> <)

wasn't the fact that VM on the front card art had no head a dead give away that it was a swap?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Y'know, I really was trying to leave that part alone.

-Jim
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

While only having heard of figure swapping until about three years ago...I wonder how many of the people here actually do it. Anyone know of someone on the board who has admitted to doing it "once or twice" and the reaction from the other readers?

On a side note, shoplifting is such a lucrative crime because of the reluctance to enforce the rules...but man when they do...they do...case in point...I worked at a mall and I was working on December 24...it was about 2 in the afternoon and some chick was brought down for shoplifting...due to the time and date and the fact that it was a Friday...this chick was not going to get out of jail until MONDAYright through Xmas.......how do you explain that to your child??? Thats all I could think of....was it worth it ??? Hardly

I also would comment that security is there as a DETERENT to crime...and not prevention or enforcement...I can sympathize with enforcing the rules and having it blow up in your face...It's even harder when you KNOW you arent supposed to comply with a superiors request when it itself breaks policies and endangters those around them as well as the individual themself...thats why I finally left after 4 years in that place....Tired of the outright violations in our face and refusal to reinforce..but no back-up when you did what you were "suposed" to do
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

Finally... someone that feels my pain! After Wal-Mart, I went to work for a security patrol company out of north Dallas. I worked for them for 3 1/2 years before I finally got away from them. Anytime there was something that happened on the property, if we didn't catch it in progress we got jumped by the management and our own bosses. But if we did catch something and stop it, the managers of the properties wouldn't do anything to the person, but blow the whole thing off, and our bosses would yell at us for letting it keep going on. A true lose-lose situation. Eventually, they closed the office I supervised, and let everyone go. They tried to place me on a slum property in south Oak Cliff (you boys from the area know what that means... I'm white and in uniform!) and when I refused it they threatened to fire me. But the way they worded it, in front of a patrol room full of officers was, "Either you can take it or we can lay you off." I took the lay off. They, of course, tried to back out of the statement and backpedal on it, but I threatened to force the issue in court. Needless to say, I won. Now how on God's green earth did that happen!?

-Jim
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

i was at walmart the other day. i was at customer service counter returning a car battery for my core deposit. anyhow a guy in front of me was claiming the following....
    he bought a digital camera (in the case btw) and got home and oppened it. and guess what? the camera was missing. he was saying he got the display box. customer service rep was telling him that was impossible cause the display box is in the back room not on the floor. he was getting on her case saying he was right. i pulled a manager over that was there and let her know that this happened to me at kmart with some camcoders and the guy was lying through his teeth. told her that he had the camera and was trying to score a 2nd one. she said she will inform the boss.
    now my take. if i buy something that high and the box is oppened i sure as heck am checking it before i leave. that guy was lying through his teeth. i have no idea if he got it or not but knowing walmart they gave him a new one.

Well I agree figure swapping and a first time shoplifting shouldn't end you up in jail. especially over the holidays. However 3rd offense in WV is a felony which is 1 yr in jail so figure swapping could land you a healthy sentence if it would be your 3rd offense. Personnally most of the people that i see do jail time do deserve it. They are the same people in my city that neglect their children due to their drug habbit. And they are the ones that are breaking into homes and businesses and beating people with bats to take their narcotics. So the way i see it some of them deserve a 1 to 3. I'll be glad to put them there however it takes. But again the occassional child or adult who just messes up a time or 2 does deserve a fine as a deterent and that is our officers choice here on how we want to handle it. Most of the time they dont take care of the ticket so we have to dismiss it and reissue it as a warrant for their arrest. Some people don't appreciate a break. Figure swapping is BAD!!

I love these threads. no offense to any of you who are duped, but I love the way that the swap is rationalized and logic thrown right away as if the three stooges work at the factories just throwing in every other toyline into different packages. hate to break it to you, but if you find a frankensteined figure in a package...it isn't a variant. and if you find a Barbie crushed into a Joe pack, it doesn't mean they make them at the same factory.

I could post that I found a rare Gung Ho/Viper error packed with a toothbrush in place of the Viper and someone would ask for pics...I'll post them when I list it on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingercbr
    I love these threads. no offense to any of you who are duped, but I love the way that the swap is rationalized and logic thrown right away as if the three stooges work at the factories just throwing in every other toyline into different packages. hate to break it to you, but if you find a frankensteined figure in a package...it isn't a variant. and if you find a Barbie crushed into a Joe pack, it doesn't mean they make them at the same factory.

I could post that I found a rare Gung Ho/Viper error packed with a toothbrush in place of the Viper and someone would ask for pics...I'll post them when I list it on ebay.

watch it get like 50 bucks lol