White Mortal, PDD, Argen 7 original art +++ - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gutstheberserker
    Yeah, you should send it into AFA to do a custom case for you including the paper work.
    Shane gave me link from his site in regards to one Oscar's works (ya, ya cheap plug time). I will go with that route. Plus I don't want to seal the figure like what AFA does nor send the figure across any more custom checks without getting burned. Once was enough in my view. Although it would interesting see how AFA grades a rare figure like this, without knowing the history behind it.

And Shane, I am due out in Edmonton soon (August, unless that gets changed again). I am going to bring the figure for you to check it out.

Tanner, honestly I didn't think my bid was going to be enough. As weird as it sounds, I really lucked out. I am pretty sure the timing of the bidding process and the timing of the GI JOE convention in MN threw a monkey wrench into someone’s plan for bidding on this item. With the amount of money involved in going to a convention, I can see that this could become a problem. And considering two higher bids than mine were submitted, I am really humbled and honored about getting this rare piece. So I really have to thank Juan for accepting my bid and for Ron in passing the information to him. I guess I had some intangibles in the bid that seller liked in the end.

Thanks for the +ve feedback guys and gal. Hopefully, more collectors will feel more comfortable in discussing their rare finds down the road like this. I know I did.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Pete, like everyone else said- COnGrats! and THanks for sharing with uS!!

Hey- hehehe now i'll push it and say-
    Let's see white mortal in a dio!!!
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Great news and a great deal/investment for such a rare fig.

I had never even heard about this fig until this whole process began
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I for one think if you are happy with a purchase then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I have spent $85 for a piece of Joe paperwork and $200+ for a Joe licensed collectible that isn't even a toy! I know most people think I am crazy, but when you get all the common items and it gets down to the rare stuff then you have to pay these prices to complete your collection, at least if you are a completionist like me.

If I was close to finishing an International Joe collection I would have done the same thing so I commend you for buying the piece. I also appreciate you sharing the information with everyone else.

Awesome piece. Congratulations!

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

Quote Originally Posted by crimson
    Well, Pete, since we couldn't complete our Storm Shadow v6 deal and the Venezuelan Mortal also happens to be white, you could send it to me right away and I'll forget the issue.
    I still owe you something for Sokerk. But it won't be Mortal. If an American wants to re-send a package on my behalf to Crimson to finish off a deal we had, LMK. I will pay for the shipping. How the heck can two extact packages from Canada to Argentina get lost is beyond me. It still bothers me that I haven't finished off that deal due to some crook in the postal system. Canada Post won't let me insure or track the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Greek
    First off, I would like to thank Ron Conner for organizing this. He didn’t have to. But this is what a stand out individual does. Honestly, if he wasn’t involved in organizing the bidding process, I wouldn’t have submitted a bid for the Venezuela Cobra Mortal (otherwise noted as the White Mortal).
    Thank you for your kind words. It has been a long process if you consider the past 2 years I have been talking with the seller. Everyone has been very professional which helped make this sale possible. I am also humbled at the fact that both of you had the trust in me to conduct this sale with no collateral as back up. Especially considering this awesome figure has been in 3 countries in the past 3 months. Thanks for the trust :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Greek
    It’s not going any where in the foreseeable future, considering everybody had a shot at the figure during the bidding process. I am currently planning on getting a custom display done for it, with the paper work and the bonus Cobra Mortal print Ron sent.
    I am so glad you are keeping it. I was always worried that some investor would come in and win, only to try and resale it later. You were right about the timing of the convention and other purchases by me and other well respected bidders. We all had something that was going on that prevented the sale from closing higher. So I am very happy of the outcome and the White Mortal made it to his new home. Your welcome for the Mortal Card Art Print. It was the least I could do. Just a way of saying THANK YOU for handing the whole process fast and professionally. I can't wait to see it all on display!
    Congratulations!

God Bless and Yo Joe!
    Ron Conner
    G.I. Joe Book Author @ http://www.backinthedaytoys.com/bitdt.htm
    G.I. Joe Toy Dealer @ http://www.treasuresntoys.com/gijoe334.htm
    G.I. Joe Fan Site Webmaster @ http://www.treasuresntoys.com/webcamp.htm

Sorry I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to congratulate Pete on an amazing piece, that will be added to an already amazing Foreign collection. I'm glad to see it went to the home of a collector who truly appreciates it for the wonderful figure it is, rather than an investment!
    Last edited by Damed; 07-29-2005 at 12:52 PM.

Ron, fantastic find bro
    and thanks for sharing!!
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

Pete,
    Thanks for sharing the information that you bought 'it' and how much you paid for 'it'...excuse me... I mean 'him' It's always nice to know the 'market value' of figures...even if we may not see a second White Mortal again.
    Last edited by keg_daddy; 08-04-2005 at 11:32 PM.

the white mortal is so beautiful and expensive
    what happen to the american dream it came true your lookin at it