Question about G.I.Joe vs. Transformers II crossover from Devil's Due

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about G.I.Joe vs. Transformers II crossover from Devil's Due

Ok, I just got done reading the last issue of the G.I.Joe vs. Transformers II crossover from Devil's Due, and the ending was quite a big "WTF" moment. In case I missed anything, would somebody explain to me why Cobra-La and a mini-Unicron show up at the end?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I guess that it's more crossover fun, this time with the villains of the animated movies of each series. Unicron is probably a god that Cobra-La worships and, naturally, they have made images of him. I hope Devil's Due does make a third series. Some don't like them, but I think they are fun.

Which members of Cobra-La made an appearance?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Pythona, Nemesis Enforcer and members of the Royal Guard...
    It actually made "no sense". Didn't Golobolus state that Cobra-La hated anything mechanical because they were a culture based entirely on the organic... What are the Transformers? Bio-mechanical organisms. They are completely composed of everything that Cobra-La hates! Yet, now they worship Unicron, who is the epitome of the dreaded bio-mechanical constructs? Ugh...

Never really considered Cobra-La's hatred for machines. I guess I was just too shocked to see Cobra-La and a mini-Unicron at the end. Good point.

Maybe they don't know that unicron is a mechanical being? Perhaps they make exceptions when the inorganic beings are actually alive? Whatever the case, these stories are not in the continuity of either G.I. Joe or Transformers, so I think we should cut them some slack.

That's why I put a "smiley" up there. It's all in fun, mates...

Weird fun, but fun nonetheless.

Cobra-La and Unicron were both the "All powerful previously unknown threat" in their respective movies. I believe that is why they were pictured together. As for an in-story explaination? Cobra-La was seen to use technology as a means to an end (Night Ravens, Explosives, Serpentor's creation, Etc.) in the movie, so it's very feasable that they would team up with Unicron to achieve their mutual goals. After their enemies are destroyed, Cobra-La gets Earth and Unicron gets Cybertron.

Makes perfect sense
    I need a 2000 Battle Armor Cobra Commander head.

But Unicron's supposed to be dead.

In all seriousness, I'm Really Tired of the proverbial whoring out of Unicron to all TF-related fiction these days. He was cool the first time, and the second time wasn't bad.....Now it's just ridiculous.