Yoooo Espanol!

yojoe.com

Thread: Yoooo Espanol!

Yoooo Espanol!

At Everything 99cents yesterday I saw that they had an episode of the DIC cartoon on tape... sure it was in Spainish.. but hey, a dollar!

It's an episode entitled El Dorado and is about Grunt crash landing in the jungle of South America and finding the famed Lost City of Gold. He meets a ghost of a Conquistador and his comrades. Overkill and some BATS attack and the ghosts possess the BATS. Duke, Lowlight, Pathfinder, and Roadblock come to help. (Bullhorn makes an appearence)
    Eventually the joes summon the spirit of an unstoppable native warrior and he defeats the evil Conqistabats and Cobra.

I hadnt seen a DIC episode in a while and thought the animation wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Not Sunbow good but certainly better than say Sgt. Savage. It was cool seeing later figures animated. Grunt actually looked cool with his helmet on and the desert style Duke was really cool looking.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So, do you speak spanish? or you just interpreted the whole thing

I have that Episode

I have that episode, heck the whole run for that matter, and you are right the animation doesn't seem as horrible as many suggest, It is cool to see the later characters animated, but some voices being changed from the ealier shows is what distracted me the most. For example, even though Metal Head's character was cool to see animated it was ultimately painful because of his voice. But on the bright side, while they weren't greatness, the chance to see some figures "come to life" was pretty cool.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Erick
    So, do you speak spanish? or you just interpreted the whole thing

Two years of high school spainish meant that I could discern certain words. Usually the exclamations or the ends of sentences. And really with the sound off I'd still be able to tell what was going on. It's a kids cartoon.