Wizard's Spoof GI Joe Movie ad

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wizard's Spoof GI Joe Movie ad

I remember that this was a page in their '03 or '04 April Fool's issue. It was a drawing of all sorts of top-billed stars as Joe chars done up like a really movie promo splash.

Is there a scan of this in the archives that is seemingly evading me?

I thought I still had the issue with it in it, but after a preliminary search of my house I was unable to find. I'll try digging deeper tmo.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Soul...

I've got it pinned up on my wall... If you would like a scan, I can make a scan when I get back from a camping trip this weekend and post it to yojoe.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

That would be awesome and highly appreciated!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

cool idea, i'd like to see that too if you don't mind

Alright guys... I'm leaving straight from work this afternoon for camping, I'll get back late Sunday night. I'll try to have a picture posted either on Monday or Tuesday.

Tanner
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

I can not wait to see your scan.
    I collect 1983-94 G.I. Joe action figures, vehicles, accessories, & file cards. I also collect G.I. Joe comic books, and 2004 Wizards of the Coast G.I. Joe Trading Card Game trading cards.

My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/87578...st-buying.html

Thanks for letting us know about this. Can't wait to see it (and get one for myself).

Dan
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

As promised, here is a scan of the page. I must warn you, I took a very large scan of the page so that anyone who is intrested, could read the footer information at the bottom of the page. I would highly suggest it. I don't know specifically which magazine this came out of. It was a Wizard April issue somewhere between 2002 - 2004. Sorry for the left side of the page beening roughly torn. I took the page right from the magazine and at the time didn't think much of it other than it was so cool I would pin it to my wall.

http://members.aol.com/gbpackrat/poster.jpg

Admin's and Mod's, if yojoe doesn't have this year, your free to pull it down and resize it, then repost it somewhere at yojoe. I have no idea where this would fall under. If you do, please credit me as "Tanner Dabel (aka GBPackRat)".

Anyways, enjoy!

Tanner

PS: Sometimes AOL can be flaky on these larger images, if you get a broken page error, try reloading it a few times, often it comes up sooner or later.

Awesome! Thanks Tanner. You da man!

This had to be from the April 03 issue. I just checked the April 04 issue and I didn't see it. I subscribed to Wizard for three years so I have from 02 to Dec 04 and of course the only issue missing on my shelf is the April 03 issue. I can't confirm that the Apr 03 issue is the issue in question with 100% certainty but I will say I didn't see it in the April 04 issue.

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!