The Official Convention Discussion Thread! - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Exclamation Update Time

OK so they are sold out of the hydrofoil as of now. They are taking names for more so it sounds like they did not bring them all to the show.

To make it more of a ripoff (in some eyes) when you buy it, they give you a boxed Tiger Ray from last year and a bag with the new Cobra stickers and the new blue deck. So that is really recycling a past exclusive.

Also the Iron Mech is boxed and not bagged like a lot of vehicle exclusives.

There looks to be cool pictures coming tomorrow from the sales floor. Stuff is leaking out now - like a big semi tractor Joe mobile command center. The name of it escapes my mind at the moment. I am so glad they saved a big piece for when we will have to pay shipping and handling on it.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The night watch pack is all cobra officers
    There is a crimson shadow 6 pack - black crimson guards
    there is a new hiss - simliar to v1, but modded with missles
    Rocc - mobile command center that splits into 2 parts
    there is the scarlet, cc 3 pack
    there is the Devil's due 3 pack
    there is a dreadnok 3 pack- the figs from ebay
    there is a new ranger viper, salvo, major bludd, barrel roll, footloose, snow serpent single packs
    Last edited by gsmiley007; 06-24-2005 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley007
    there is a new hiss
    there is a new ranger viper, salvo, major bludd, snow serpent single packs
    Someone please, please, please get some pics of these. Do they have any of the single-carded cobra troopers or officers on display?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is the HISS an original mold HISS, a HISS II, or a new-style HISS, and what color is it, pray tell. I'd love it if it were a black HISS II or a black HISS I with red canopy and dirty treads.

I am pleased the Crimson Shadow Guard are indeed black Crimson Guards (kind of an oxymoron, I guess) instead of a bad amalgamation of other action figures like those things that come with the Imperial Procession set.

I am satisfied with the Night Watch thing. Soldiers as well as officers would have been good, but I am NOT going to complain when they do a blue V1-style COBRA Soldier or Officer.

Expect a ton of pics to show up tomorrow of all the Hasbro items once the show floor opens
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

i'm having difficulty breathing.i think i might stay up all night downing kool aid mixed warm so it holds twice as much sugar and relentlessly clicking "refresh" on my browser.
    i need to see these as soon as possible.
    smiley is the man.

Ahhhhh I wish I could be there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley007
    there is a new hiss - simliar to v1, but modded with missles
    Rocc - mobile command center that splits into 2 parts
    there is a new ranger viper, salvo, major bludd, barrel roll, footloose, snow serpent single packs

sound very interesting.. i cant wait for pics

by the way rich, are you guru of the convention this year.. you seem to have all the info first.... maybe its a canadian thing..what ever it is.. dont stop ....

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    OK so they are sold out of the hydrofoil as of now. They are taking names for more so it sounds like they did not bring them all to the show.

To make it more of a ripoff (in some eyes) when you buy it, they give you a boxed Tiger Ray from last year and a bag with the new Cobra stickers and the new blue deck. So that is really recycling a past exclusive.

WHy does it seem that they are going downhill quality wise along with Hasbro...and if anyone can me a blue deck and stickers, I have an extra Hydrofoil from last year...I can recycle THAT..and whats this "Sold Out" crap...is it because they only brought so many for the pre-registered attendees and want the public to have more of a chance than in the years before?? Also, does the Hydrofoil they give you have the orange deck from last year??
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

its the tiger ray box (labelled from last year).

Then it comes with an extra blue deck.