So what the heck were the Red Shadows? Do we want figures?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So what the heck were the Red Shadows? Do we want figures?

I read the final issue (missed the two before)... So what were these guys all about? Any relation to the Action-Force foes of the same name?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't follow the comics, exactly, but can anybody provide a scan or two of these guys?

I'd like figures if they're anything like the old Red Shadows.

I didn't care for the way the comic wrapped up, so I really don't care if figures are ever made. The bald headed chick though would be a nice addition...not enough female figures to begin with.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by flywheels
    The bald headed chick though would be a nice addition...
    I honestly never thought I'd hear anyone ever say that !!!

Quote Originally Posted by flywheels
    I didn't care for the way the comic wrapped up, so I really don't care if figures are ever made. The bald headed chick though would be a nice addition...not enough female figures to begin with.
    I still need to read the first few issues however I would love to have the figures. As I think there are many possibilities for a great story line. Of course it is up to the individuals imagination as to how they want to alter the story line in their Joe Universe.

OK, for the original Red Shadows, Action Force Online is one of the better sites I've found. This covers most UK/EU action Force toys, including after they made the switch to Joe & Cobra. To go directly to the Red Shadows page on the site, click here. These were limited articulation figs - a lot like the original Star Wars. As far as the figure Red Shadow, there were 2 variants, black gloves or red gloves. The black-gloved version was the same as the figure Red Vulture, except for accesory differances. As far as the current Red Shadows, SmallJoes.com has issue 43 for sale, & that has a pic on the cover.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Interesting! I didn't know that this new comic incarnation of the Red Shadows was going to be related to the old Action Force enemy. But, the skull and crossbones on the uniform certainly makes me think so.

I wonder if they'll have Baron Ironblood? I thought it interesting that there was a picture of an artist drawing Baron Ironblood at the Devil's Due seminar at the convention. Here's the link:

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/...s.cfm#devildue

-PEter
    ProjectPDD.com : The Definitive " Pimp Daddy Destro " Action Figure Resource

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!

I know about the old Red Shadows--any possible links to the 'new' Red Shadows was basically what I wanted to investigate.

Thanks for the link to the cover, at least, which proves there's at least some kind of connection...There's gotta be.