sigma 6 trailer - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: sigma 6 trailer

Ok, ok maybe my point wasn't clear...

In my fabulous predictions I'm saying they're just using a template that's just proven to get ratings and what it takes to be a modern anime cartoon. True, all the points Obiwan makes are valid, but I'm not saying, for example, huge army against a small band is bad, LOTR did show that.

The original cartoon, the Marvel comics, and LOTR had an important thing I just don't see Sigma 6 including: strong characters. We all know Gandalf and Shipwreck and Snake Eyes and a lot of the other individuals in each series. But what this anime template allows for is a weak story so room for all the anime stuff can be there, building up to the next flashy fight scene. We'll never see a story or get personable characters. That's my only real criticism.

I make these predictions partly based on how the current Transformers line is working out. The same thing over and over again for the last 3 years; completely unoriginal every season. To make it worse, Hasbro isn't even making the show themselves, they're just buying it from Japan. Those cheap bastards...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blight
    I familiar with the studio that made it and they don't do second hand work, even for what people might consider strictly a 'kids show'. Plus I wouldn't be counting on too many Anime on screen stereotypes, those are usually for Japanese and Anime fan only audiences so don't worry you're safe from the pesky tear drops.
    If that's the case, then that changes everything. It's got some hope for it yet.

It seems too many cartoons are trying to be anime-ish. The newer He-Man had too many anime stereotypes, and for me, that attempt quickly turned me off.

Quote Originally Posted by roboticplanet
    If that's the case, then that changes everything. It's got some hope for it yet.

It seems too many cartoons are trying to be anime-ish. The newer He-Man had too many anime stereotypes, and for me, that attempt quickly turned me off.
    Yeah but in the case of the new He-Man what you were getting was an American studio trying to imitate Japanese Anime, and doing a poor job, rather then an actual Anime studio producing the show. Those kinds of rip offs always do badly and turn off a lot of potential fans. But I fear that some American toy companies fear that an American audience will be prejudiced against a show with such a foreign influence (gee, can't imagine why?).
    However after 'Spybomb' and 'Ugly vs. Uglier' it seems Hasbro wised up and actually decided to go to the source of all the good animated shows these days and went straight to Japan.

Plus if anyone is making predictions based off the current popularity of the new Transformers show as to how Sigma 6 will fair just because GONZO did both shows, don't. Remember, Transformers is a title that is made for TWO audiences not one, Japanese and American. And unfortunately as many already know, the Japanese audience tends to get a better cut of whatever TF series is airing rather then the watered down version we here in America get. Believe me, when I saw the first treatment of Transformers: Cybertron on CN I wanted to rip my hair out at how Hasbro had allowed GONZO's version of Transformers to be butchered so badly for American mass consumption.

However since Sigma 6 is being made EXCLUSIVELY for us the Joe fan community is going to be dealing with an entirely different scenario. We're getting a show featuring a Japanese art form, usually reserved for only a Japanese audience (and those few worldwide Anime fans), strictly for an American audience.

So I urge everyone not to make predictions on how popular this show may or may not be until after someone at MC or Hasbro or FOX starts saying what about what. Personally my fingers are crossed because I want this series to last at least a couple hundred episodes and feature TWICE the number of characters the Sunbow toon had.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

bah i predict this show will Belly flop big time

hmm, i just spent a couple hours watching the "fox box" in order to catch the GI JOE Sigma 6 trailer...

if that's the theme song they're going to use... wow i'm glad the audio didn't work on the downloadable trailer :P

i'm stunned at how junky new cartoons are. i'm generalizing, but everything on the fox box seems to be anime and pretty much the same. i do hope i'm wrong and the trailer is just a trailer and the cartoon can be super wicked or something. fine, make it anime, but make it *good* anime with a good story at least. if this fox box stuff is what kids have been watching the past 10 years or so, no wonder there is a pronounced increase in depression in children.
    Last edited by Deadman2099; 08-06-2005 at 08:23 AM.

I started watching the Fox Box preview late so I missed the Sigma Six portion. Anyone mind writing a vivid description for me? As I stated earlier, I am excited about a new GI Joe cartoon, but reluctant to embrace it until I hear the sound. This early report doesn't make me happy. Anyone able to ease my fears about the sound?
    "The scriveners and scribblers are not the keepers of the canon, the audience is. If the public doesn't like it, they blot it out of the collective consciousness, and make it go away"

Larry Hama, Snake Eyes Deconstructed (March, 2006)

For anyone who didn't see it, you didn't miss anything if you've already seen the trailer on GIJOE.com. There might have been one or two new scenes but nothing significant. I don't care much for the new theme song but otherwise it's still looking damn cool.

Does anyone know who the 6 members are?? And who will be on the Cobra side??

Thanks.

Um. . .Spirit, Jinx, Kamakura, Duke, SE, Scarlett. . .Heavy Duty is seven. And Tunnel-Rat is also in it.

Edit: And CC & Stormy are on the other side. I also saw a Sigma 6 Destro & Baroness sketch too.

Maybe the Joes just go out in six-man teams.

-PJ
    Last edited by Obiwanjacoby; 08-06-2005 at 06:11 PM.

Cool thanks.

In that group picture on that 4kids site.

There's Duke, Scarlet, and SnakeEyes were obviously in there.

And the big guy in the back, I guess that's Heavy Duty.

But those 2 guys on the side, were those Tunnel rat and Spirit??

That guy with the trench coat looks like Flint but I guess not.