Uniformity of Figure's Pictures

yojoe.com

Post Uniformity of Figure's Pictures

YoJoe.com archives are product of the effort of hundreds of collectors; yet, being reference its aim, pictures should show a certain uniformity, easing their view and preventing their 'theft'.

The YoJoe background and the bigger pictures of both sides by clicking on the figure picture are great ideas. Howevever, various of the recent figures don't use that background and/or offer poor quality pictures. Sometimes you cannot even see the true colour of the figure, making the picture useless as a reference.
    None of us is a photographer, and we do our best to help by providing pictures of our figures, but a certain uniformity should be kept. Photography advice from diorama creators and usual YoJoe contributors should be provided and the YoJoe background should be offered to those who want to contribute, at least for new entries.

Small changes now and future collectors will have a better reference guide. It's worth the effort.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I am actually working on a list of these issues, plus a lot of others, at the request of MacDowin.
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

real uniformity will be next to impossible to achieve.

since yojoe encourages collector submissions, its tough to put tight requirements on the pics they submit.

just my 2 pennies

Ya know Crimson you make a good point. I will find a place to link to that background image for anyone who would want to download it and use that for their submissions.

And also like Justin said, it will be pretty hard to have a fully uniform site, but we will do the best we can. I would like a great resourceful database with crisp clear pics. Until then, we keep moving.

--
    Devon

The latest additions look much better. Kudos to Matt Johnson, Justin Barnhill, and members who submitted the pics.

Believe it or not the staff does listen to feedback from members and we will do our best to try to fix the problem.

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!