2006 GI Joe Convention update - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    We have known when the convention will be for a while but that does not do me any good. I can request that time off of work, but I don't know where I am going. I want to drive and if I can't because it is too far, I might not go. And I sure as heck to not want to commit to taking those days off if I am not going to the convention. I would rather use them for something else. If I do decide to fly, I want to start looking out for the best deals now. Same goes for the hotel because I can already tell you I am not spending $129 a night for a hotel room. I can rent a car for a week and drive to the convention for the price of 1 night at the convention hotel.
    I can't agree with you more. This is the exact reason I've become jaded over the matter.

Their poor planning and lack of PR is starting to get to the point where its effecting if some of us can go. I guess if we can't because they waited to long, that alone is sending a message to MC.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i vote BoyCott as it goes unless if it was on my front door step i would not be able to make it.

I would love to attend the convention - it would be my very first.

My concern over this affair is simply the planning. I fly alot, and it's much easier (and cheaper) to schedule plane tickets well in advance of the event. Same goes for hotel reservations. I also happen to have a rather busy schedule at work, so it's important for me to learn these things as soon as I can and let my superiors know what I plan to do.

I hope that all of this gets straightened out as promptly as possible.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by starrcommand
    Yeah but that also doesnt mean you have to lock down the thread that he starts about. And I believe that is what he was asking. Not whether or not you would endorse it. Just allow the board members to post in it whether or not they endorse it and will boycott it.
    Yes, we can lock it down. By simply hosting the boycott on this site, we can be seen as endorsing it.

I would suggest that if this was going to happen, do it in a Yahoo group or something and spread the link around via email or signature line.

While I applaud anyone willing to take action other than the usual whining, it puts this site at potential risk.

It is up for staff review but for now - do not organize a boycott on this board.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Exclamation

It is official - YoJoe cannot and will not in any manner sponsor or endorse a boycott of MC conventions. While we are not telling you not to do it, we are asking you not to do it here.

I am re-locking the thread until the next update.

Until then, if you are unhappy with how MC has planned the 2006 Convention, I would suggest you email Brian Savage directly at brian@mastercollector.com or call MC at 817-448-9863.
    Last edited by dockingbay97; 12-27-2005 at 12:19 PM.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal