Jennifer Aniston as Lady J and Angelina Jolie as the Baroness!

yojoe.com

Jennifer Aniston as Lady J and Angelina Jolie as the Baroness!

No need for stunt doubles in the fight scenes! But I don't want Brad Pitt as Flint.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hmmmmm, ditzy blonde as a crack military intelligence officer?

Angelina Jolie I can support, though, or Famke Jenson.

As long as Jet Li is Storm Shadow I'll be happy.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

I agree with Dan about Jet Li being SS

Altho i like Anglina Jolie, i would prefer Monica Belucci as Baroness
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Jennifer Anniston as Lady Jaye wouldn't be my kinda pick...as hot as she is i'd pick her to play Bombstrike instead. Jessica Alba or Jennifer Garner would be better off playing Lady Jaye.
    You can create anything if you use your imagination...it has no limits.

I am the Asian Sensation of Innovation!

ok, we've established who we'd like to see as jaye, bombstrike, the baroness, and storm shadow (and i personally think jennifer garner as jaye), so now, who's playing jinx, cover girl, and scarlett?

Jolie versus Anniston?

I'm an old-dog Joe fan (currently 35 years old) so some of my ideas for who to play Joe movie characters are kinda dated. However, I saw Transporter 1 (haven't seen 2 yet even though it's showing in theatres now). Since Jason Statham (did I get his last name right?) did such a kick-*** job with the martial arts & action scenes, I'm thinking he could do the same as a great Snake Eyes. Some might say he doesn't match 'cause he isn't American but, even before Snakes lost his voice in the accident rescue, he didn't talk much. Perhaps Statham comes across as a guy a bit too old to play Snakes, though. I always perceived Snake Eyes as a guy that was an all-American golden boy. The quiet kid next door that went to church, always obeyed his parents & looked after his twin sister.

I've heard some say Ray Park as Snake Eyes. He would be good for the action & martial arts but he, too, isn't American. Am I right? I'm not saying he wouldn't be good, though. He was great as Darth Maul, Toad (in X-Men) and the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow. I'm guessing he could fake an American accent if he had to.

Despite all this, I still am a proponent for giving "no-name" (unknown) actors a chance. There may be the perfect Snake Eyes out there that just hasn't been discovered yet.

As for Storm Shadow, I'd say Kane Kosugi, son of Sho Kosugi (star of many ninja films from the 80s). Sadly, too few people seem to know who they are. Kane was worked most of his adult life in Japan. I'd recommend the Japanese Batman-style movie "Cat's Eye" to find out who Kane is & how cool of a ninja actor he'd be.

I always thought Cindy Crawford as Cover Girl but so many years have passed that I wonder if anyone even remembers her. Perhaps people may even say she's too old now. [Then again, many of the 1st team of 80s' Joes served in Vietnam so you can guess from there how old they'd be today! A soldier that was 18 in 1970 would be 53 this year. And that's on the YOUNG side of the spectrum!]

Since I've babbled on way too long, I'll save sharing my ideas for other other casting later.

Yo Joe!

sidemachine
    Supporting the Joe team since 1983.

P.S. Even though I'm a fan of Angelina Jolie AND I liked the t.v. series "Friends" (sure, I feel bad for Jennifer Anniston but, heck, she's a freaking MULTI-MILLIONAIRE!), I still think there might be better suited women out there to play the Baroness. [Of course, Reptilian Popinjay, I'm guessing you were only kidding! Or were you?.....] I always thought that Angelina Jolie would have been PERFECT as Elektra (no offense to Jennifer Garner) and Michael Biehn (from ALIENS & The Terminator) should have played Daredevil / Matt Murdock (long story). Besides, I hate to say it but I think Jolie would work Anniston's face off in a fight. It would be sad, tragic & a very ugly cat-fight.
    Last edited by sidemachine; 09-16-2005 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Correction...

I’d propose Monica Belucci or Maria Grazia Cucinotta to play the Baroness