Time to leave...

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time to leave...

I am leaving the staff of yojoe and I just want to thank everyone who has helped me during my short time on the staff. I have not been asked to leave nor has anyone done anything to me directly but I do not agree with Action Online's recent "firing" of my friend MacDowin so I am leaving. I will no longer work for this company if this is the way they treat people.

On a more positive note I have accomplished some of the things I set out to do, including getting the cardback archive started, beefing up the fan club section, and adding sample page scans for the reference books so people will know what they are getting before they actually buy the book. I have had a lot of help doing these things and I need to especially thank the following cardback collectors who helped me from the beginning when I didn't have a clue: Daniel Thielemann (danielmd06), Brian Wingard (thunt4), Brian Kossin (Type*S*Toys), Sal Barry (Robot Rabbit), Michael Klopchin (bigklop)--the archive is 80% your submissions(!), and Zachary Johnson (bigjohnwoo) for creating an invaluable database to help me create each section of the archive. Thanks for helping me guys because I definitely couldn't have done this without you.

The purpose of this post is not to dwell on the negative but to let everyone know why I am leaving and to thank the community for helping me. The reason I didn't leave as soon as MacDowin left is because I felt I had to finish the cardback archive through 1994 as a logical stopping point. I finally finished 1994 yesterday and now the alpha index and the "all years" indexes are current. I'm sorry I didn't get to go further or add links to the action figure pages but I guess that will have to be a project for the other staff members.

For those of you that don't know Jeff Bohn is back on the staff so yojoe is in good hands. We all know his work ethic as he has already proven himself and I regret not really getting a chance to work with him longer. Make sure you give him your support!

Finally, I want to let everyone know I am going to remain active in the Joe community and I will still visit the yojoe board. If anyone needs help with avatars, paperwork, collectibles, cardbacks, or anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Dan
    Last edited by dmooretoys; 09-11-2005 at 11:10 PM.
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wow, now two big losses in such a short time. You've done a lot since you've been on, I hope you realize that your hard work has been noticed & is appreciated. It's too bad you'll be stepping down, but it's important that you do what you think is right.

Thanks for everything!
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

with all the people who helped make this site a great place leaving,what will we be left with and will it be worth staying?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I guess its official now and I would like to publicly thank you for all your HARD work you have done. You really did a ton of work on the site and it was a pleasure being able to contribute and help you out some and of course it was very nice to make a new friendship.I do thank you for the archives as I have dreamed of being able to contribute and see the differences for the different packaging styles.Talk to you online sometime and we will miss you but your reasons for leaving are very true and that was unfair for him.
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

I'm sorry to see you leave the staff dmooretoys, you've done an AWESOME job on the site. I do understand your reasons for leaving as I shared the same reasons for leaving myself. I hope to see you around the site & good luck with all you do.

Wow... Jeff leaves. Mac's hired, then Mac's fired, Jeff is hired. Then Dan leaves...

That's a lot of management changes in less than a year...

Tanner

PS: Dan thanks for the work, it didn't go unnoticed! Who's my artwork contact now? I've still got about 40 pages to scan and send?
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

I'm handling the art side of things right now, added a bunch today, including mine!

I'll definitely miss Dan too, but I totally understand his decision.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GBPackRat
    PS: Dan thanks for the work, it didn't go unnoticed! Who's my artwork contact now? I've still got about 40 pages to scan and send?

Tanner,

Jeff will take care of you. I also forwarded him the art from the other member who had disputed your comic art I added to the archives a while back.

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

Hey Dan, sorry to hear that... But I hope you stay around, huh???

The cardback archive that Dan took the initiatiative to create and implement on Yojoe is an monumentally significant resource for all Gijoe collectors. I believe it to be one of the most important acheivements to internet Gijoe collecting in years. It will help spawn new collector interest in learning about and collecting cardback variations. This avenue of Gijoe collecting up unitl this point hasn't really been tapped into by collectors (in a big way), though cardback variations collectors are a mainstay in other toyline collecting communities.

It's through Dan's efforts that I bet we'll see alot more cardback variation collectors in the future of Gijoe collecting.

Kudos to you, Dan. Your short stint on the Yojoe staff will have longterm positive ramifications on the community. It's a enormous loss to the site to see you go.

-Peter
    ProjectPDD.com : The Definitive " Pimp Daddy Destro " Action Figure Resource

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!