What year was your favourite ?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What year was your favourite ?

Im gonna say 1986. The last good year . Although there are a few bad figures (Dialtone and Lifeline, pathetic)
    Favourite figure from that year has to be Beachhead V1
    Favourite vehicle has to be the Tommahawk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

1984 and 1985 I just can't pick between the 2.
    '84 Storm Shadow and Firefly and '85 Snake Eyes w/Timber,'87 Jinx
    The USS F.L.A.G.G.,The Rattler,Water Mocassin.
    I liked the Lifeline from '86 it was one of my favs.also the
    '86 Terror Drome
    Also any snow related figs. and vehicles.
    Last edited by cobraferret; 09-14-2005 at 06:57 AM.
    Memories are some of the greatest gifts anyone can receive.

1987 was the best year for figures.

1986 was the best year for vehicles.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

1990....General, Hammerhead, Hurricane, Hammer, Retaliator, Rage..Sky Patrol....should I go on?? They have a special place in my heart...
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

Good question. I have a tough time deciding between 1986 and 1990. The figures in both made me very happy and we weren't yet leaning too far into Day-glo or themes that bothered me overmuch.

Lowlight, Beachhead, Serpentor, Hawk all very cool. But then so are Salvo, Rampart, Bullhorn, Freefall. On vehicles 86 makes a strong case with Terrordrome, Tomahawk, Night Raven and Conquest. 90 is no slouch with General, Hurricane (which I LOVE), Retaliator and Hammerhead.

Guess after writing all this out I find I'm leaning toward 1990. Great years both, though.
    If knowing is half the battle, I would assume the other half is actually fighting, right?
    (\__/)
    (O.o)
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature and help him on his way of world domination.

I would have to say either 1983 or 1984. In 1983 you had the swivel arm added to figures, some excellent specialty figures like Airborne, Doc, Snow Job, etc. and a few nice plausible vehicles like the Wolverine, Skystriker, Command Center, and Dragonfly. But in 1984 you had awesome Cobra characters such as Storm Shadow, Firefly, Baroness, Copperhead, etc., with excellent vehicles like the Whale, Rattler, Stinger, VAMP Mark II, and Water Moccasin. So for me it is a toss up. Of course I don't care for the straight arm figures of 1982 or ball-joint heads of 1985 and up. For my collection, only swivel arms and left/right turning head figures will do.

I loved the Snow Serpent, Eels -Flint etc.
    Gi joe helped me to learn to swim! And knowing was half the battle!
    Skystriker's to Trade list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...414#post287414
    Skystriker's Wants list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...413#post287413
    Skystriker's Body Parts wants /trade http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=64536
    Here's some pics of my stuff http://www.flickr.com/photos/11325406@N03/

Talking

for figures.... it's pretty close but i have to say it's a tie between '85 and '88, as for vehicles '88 (Rolling Thunder, Bugg, Phantom X-19, Mean Dog.....)

'84 or '85. It's a toss up. Ripcord is really the only weak character in '84, and you had a ton of cool vehicles like the Whale, Rattler, Water Moccasin, Stinger Jeep (and the playsets like missle defense, mortar defense).

Same in '85, iconic figures and great vehicles. Snake Eyes, Dreadnoks, Twins, Shipwreck...Flagg, Striker,...Cobra Bunker....

1/2 a vote a piece

Quote Originally Posted by cobraferret
    1984 and 1985 I just can't pick between the 2.
    '84 Storm Shadow and Firefly and '85 Snake Eyes w/Timber
    The USS F.L.A.G.G.,The Rattler,Water Mocassin.
    I liked the Lifeline from '86 it was one of my favs.also the
    '86 Terror Drome
    Also any snow related figs. and vehicles.
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH COBRA FERRET!
    YOU CAN ADD `87 JINK TO THAT LIST, NINJA`S RULE!