reproduction GI Joe stickers - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby
    Think he'd like an original sheet from the R/C Crossfire? Not sure if that would be one that's in huge demand.

-PJ
    Probably a smaller demand yes, but the more originals he can reproduce the better. At least a growing database of new templates will exist and can be used for the future as needed. He's on vacation for a few weeks so I'm not sure he'll be answering emails, just a heads up.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by picollogoku
    He can do white, that is why I don't mess with Rick not worth it.
    I`ve had both rick`s and ruben`s stickers. ruben`s are way nicer and his shipping is super quick, even too canada. i had to bug 334th after the first month of waiting, then finally almost two months later they showed up. i received a custom cardback that i`m really impressed with, but i didn`t like the sticker sheets. i can print my own off if i wanted, ruben`s you would need to go to a print shop.

. .
    Last edited by frozen_nd; 09-28-2006 at 12:29 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by frozen_nd
    That's nice that people are creating stickers that are high quality and people like the work being done & are willing to pay for it.

But why isn't there a "database of templates" here on YoJoe.com for us to use ourselves?

Yes, there's the scans & digital pictures of sticker sheets in the archives. But most of them are unusable if one wanted to make their own stickers. Also, none list the dimensions of the sticker sheet as a whole.
    What there should be is HIGH-QUALITY scans of the sticker sheets (i.e. not taken with a camera). The picture should be in .TIFF or RAW format. Something that we, the general people, could download and attempt to make our own stickers. Listed also should be the dimensions of the sticker sheet.

Here's a listing where the sticker sheet was scanned along with a ruler so that you can approximate the size of the sticker sheet. Remove the ruler from the picture, increase the clarity of the picture, list the dimensions of the sheet, & put it in .TIFF format. That’s what I would really like to see.
    http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/87/act...r_labels.shtml

P.S. The sticker sheet show is not that of the ’87 earth borer action pack. Someone may want to correct that in the archive.

In a perfect world collectors could download any sticker sheets they wanted and even order replacement accessories and vehicle parts but I don't think it will become reality. 2 main reasons; Quality high-res images are large and they would eat up a lot of any website's space. All images on this site are low res and it shows. It would great if all archive images here were high res and professionaly shot but what an ennormous task and chunk of data to deal with. Another reason is even if there were downloadable templates, 99% of the people have crappy printers and can't print on vinyl anyway. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

Thumbs down

Well just a warning about 334 I recieved my card backs.

The quality is DISCUSTING!!!!!!!
    A TERRABLE JOB SOME OF THE WORDS ARE ON THE CARDBACK ARE ILLEGIBLE

EVEN THE COLORS ON THE CARD ARE DULL AND DARK

He even told me in an email

"I may re-do them anyway. I was not entirely happy with their turnout."

AND HE STILL SENT THEM!

His website states he give a 100% guarentee that you will like his product
    "As always, these are 100% quality assured or your money back."

I emailed him and I an awaiting a responce.

If the decals are anything like the cardbacks STAY AWAY FROM THEM
    LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING FIGURES
    Carded Canadian and Brazilian Flash

Well I just received a second order of decals from j. ruben and once again they are fantastic. They're perfect. You just have to cut them out which is good anyway so you get no extra clear edges. If you're looking for decals, try his.

I just used my Repro Mamba stickers I got from J.Ruben (He traded me the Mamba stickers and some Officer, Soldier and Viper emblems for all 3 unused Pac Rat sheets) Anyway, here's some comparison pictures between the original Hasbro ones and his (The flash blurred out some of the details on the white stickers, but they are exactly like the originals...only better!)

http://photobucket.com/albums/c260/S...o%20stickers/?

That's the whole folder, but here is a copmarison between two pods
    http://photobucket.com/albums/c260/S...Podcompare.jpg

The Repros are on the right.

I've had 334th stickers and I have to say Ruben's are about half the thickness, which can make it hard to put them in those tight spots, but as I soon learned, they are strong enough for you to be able to pull them off again and restick them correctly. Also you can SEE the paint so you know it won't rub off while putting it on your vehicle.

Needless to say, J.Ruben's stickers are what I now hold as the standard for repro stickers, anything less in quality, isn't worth my time

Does J. Ruben have a website? If so, what is the address?
    The only difference between a grave and a rut is the depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Freiheit
    Does J. Ruben have a website? If so, what is the address?
    not to my knowledge

heres his email rubenldm@rocketmail.com

Skystriker $11.99
    Tiger rat $5.99
    Mauler $5.49 sold out
    Tomahawk $5.99
    Vamp $4.99
    MMS $4.99
    Hammer $4.99
    Conquest X-30 $5.99
    Whale $5.49
    COBRA
    Rattler $5.99 sold out
    Moray $5.99
    Water moccasin $4.99
    Hiss $5.49 sold out
    Hiss 3 $5.49
    Fang $4.99
    Stinger $5.49 sold out
    Firebat $4.99
    Night raven $5.49
    Fang 2 $2.99
    Hiss 2 $2.99
    Stiletto $2.99
    Maggot $4.49
    Mamba $4.49
    Hurricane $5.49

I've used Ruben's decals for Skystriker, Mauler, Conquest, Night Raven, Rattler, Hiss, Vamp, Fang, Moccasin, Whale, etc, etc. His decals rock!
    They make vehicles look fantastic.
    I'm going to be helping him get Defiant decals soon as well, so if anyone needs them let it be heard here........