reproduction GI Joe stickers - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

334th Joe Co + Sea Ray decals...

*Edit* I wanted to clarify that this story of mine involves an auction I won on eBay from the 334th Joe Co. The decals and email exchanges in question were with someone from that company. *Edit*

I would like to contribute a recent experience that I had (or am having) with the 334 Joe Co and some decals from a Sea Ray.

I won this auction on eBay for a sealed, unassembled Sea Ray in original bags with sealed pilot figure (it looked like it was maybe a mail-in version since there was no box, or that the box may have been sold off separately). Anyway, the item arrived in almost record time and I was able to confirm the parts were all present using the vehicle archive pictures on this site. I was pretty happy at that point until I found a slit at the top of the bag that included the paperwork. On closer examination I found that there were no decals.

I emailed the seller about this and he mentioned that he had forgotten that he had removed the decals to scan them. I was mildly annoyed by this point since I realized that 1) the seller deliberately slit the bag and removed the decals (without replacing them) and still tried to sell this item as "complete" and "sealed" when it obviously wasn't and 2) if I had not reminded the seller of this oversight then would he have ever remembered to send me my decals? I could have been very P.O.'ed at all this but I only sent polite emails (which were all replied to in the same manner) but I decided to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. He said that the decals would be sent out soon (either the originals or a reproduction). I politely replied that the originals should be sent as they were what was removed from the original item.

I waited at least two weeks and no decals arrived. I sent another polite email and was told that they would be sent promptly. I finally received them yesterday (2-28-06). This was now a few weeks after receiving the original auction item from this seller. The decals were kind of gummy and didn't want to come out of the baggy without some tugging. I don't know whether or not these are the originals. They are clear plastic on white paper, like the original Joe decals, and they have what appears to be a part number in the lower right corner.

I emailed the seller to confirm receipt of the decals and politely asked about what a fair feedback would be to assign this transaction. He replied about the various goings-on in his life right now and basically left it up to my discretion. So I ask the members of this community to weigh in on my situation and to suggest ways in which I can finally put this transaction to a close.

Thank you for reading this far and I hope that I get some good feedback from all this. I originally thought about posting this under good/bad sellers but I found this decal thread and decided it must be fate that it was so close to the top of the list
    Last edited by polyphenus; 03-01-2006 at 02:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Flophouse
    I've used Ruben's decals for Skystriker, Mauler, Conquest, Night Raven, Rattler, Hiss, Vamp, Fang, Moccasin, Whale, etc, etc. His decals rock!
    They make vehicles look fantastic.
    I'm going to be helping him get Defiant decals soon as well, so if anyone needs them let it be heard here........
    I have to agree with Flophouse, the only reason I buy from 334th is because Ruben doesnt carry the set I need. But it if comes down to the 334th or Ruben I would definately buy from Ruben. As for a Defiant Set I would love to have a Defiant Sticker Sheet from Ruben. I got a Defiant Set from 334th but Im very dissappointed in the Quality of the sheets. I would greatly welcome a Defiant Set from Ruben especially with the White lettering. Another Sheet I would like to see as well is Terrordrome.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by polyphenus
    I would like to contribute a recent experience that I had (or am having) with the 334 Joe Co and some decals from a Sea Ray.

I won this auction on eBay for a sealed, unassembled Sea Ray in original bags with sealed pilot figure (it looked like it was maybe a mail-in version since there was no box, or that the box may have been sold off separately). Anyway, the item arrived in almost record time and I was able to confirm the parts were all present using the vehicle archive pictures on this site. I was pretty happy at that point until I found a slit at the top of the bag that included the paperwork. On closer examination I found that there were no decals.

I emailed the seller about this and he mentioned that he had forgotten that he had removed the decals to scan them. I was mildly annoyed by this point since I realized that 1) the seller deliberately slit the bag and removed the decals (without replacing them) and still tried to sell this item as "complete" and "sealed" when it obviously wasn't and 2) if I had not reminded the seller of this oversight then would he have ever remembered to send me my decals? I could have been very P.O.'ed at all this but I only sent polite emails (which were all replied to in the same manner) but I decided to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. He said that the decals would be sent out soon (either the originals or a reproduction). I politely replied that the originals should be sent as they were what was removed from the original item.

I waited at least two weeks and no decals arrived. I sent another polite email and was told that they would be sent promptly. I finally received them yesterday (2-28-06). This was now a few weeks after receiving the original auction item from this seller. The decals were kind of gummy and didn't want to come out of the baggy without some tugging. I don't know whether or not these are the originals. They are clear plastic on white paper, like the original Joe decals, and they have what appears to be a part number in the lower right corner.

I emailed the seller to confirm receipt of the decals and politely asked about what a fair feedback would be to assign this transaction. He replied about the various goings-on in his life right now and basically left it up to my discretion. So I ask the members of this community to weigh in on my situation and to suggest ways in which I can finally put this transaction to a close.

Thank you for reading this far and I hope that I get some good feedback from all this. I originally thought about posting this under good/bad sellers but I found this decal thread and decided it must be fate that it was so close to the top of the list
    did you buy the sea ray from the 334 joe company. hte easiest way to see if they are the original is to check if they are pre-cut. and normally the originals are a little bent and dirty

my suggestion would be to contact jruben and ask him if he is interested in the decal sheet. if he is let him copy it and send the original and a copy back for your use. if you have any other decal sheets see if he wants those too. the only do side is it takes him a few weeks to get it done. to my understanding it takes a few trys to get it right....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

In response to polyphenus:

picollogoku is right, check if they're pre-cut, I've yet to see a repro set that are pre-cut, also usually ifther have a part number and if each individual sticker has a number next to it, then they prolly are originals. I know from my own experience, I had unopened Pac Rats and the sticker sheets were a little tacky and didn't seem to want to let go of the plastic bags there were in either.

But If you're not gonna do anything with the sticker sheet, totally send it off to Ruben. If you really need it back, I'm sure he'll send it back with some nice repros. In my case I didn't want the originals (cuz they were tacky) and he hooked me up with new Mamba stickers (Repros of the ones that came with the vehicle plus a few extras) and some officer,soldier and viper sigil stickers

I just put togehter 2 fangs, 2 stingers, a custom arctic stinger, 2 custom rattlers, one regualr rattler, a firebat, a vamp, and 2 custom master collector style hydrofoils all with J ruben decals. They really are fantastic.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

The thing that burns me the most about this whole transaction is that the item I won was definitely altered by the seller (334 Joe Co) and I was not notified. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and broached the subject politely when I could have reacted a lot differently. It just frustrates me that someone would try to do something like this. I take my reputation as a seller on eBay very seriously and I only sell that which I can personally vouch for. I have never misrepresented an item or deliberately tampered with an item like this. I'm pretty sure that they are original decals but they're tacky and have attracted lint and hair to them since they were removed from their bag when they should be in pristine, factory-sealed condition. Like I said, it's just a frustrating experience overall... Thank goodness I only paid $20 or so for the final winning bid.

I would really love a reproduction of the G.I.Joe Raider and the Bridgelayer. If anyone has those could they please send them to JRuben so he can make repros for sale?

As far as the Sea Ray situation I would probably leave neutral or no feedback. All in all 334th Joe is a good company regardless of decal quality. And yes the original decals are cut so you can remove them from the sheet.

My two cents. Guys please check my want lists and lemme know if you can help me fill some of my collection gaps.
    "I am still alive! Crusher, I'm coming for you! I want my old life back. And will you leave Bacon alone?"

SECRET SANTA CHECK MY WANTS FOR MY WISH LIST!
    Always looking to buy, sell, trade: Please CHECK my want lists:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...ahyde%27s+list

j.ruben decals

Hello guys, just wanted to let you know my updated list of repro decals and with help from chad i hope i can make the defiant decals too. I´ll post everytime i have new ones.
    [COLOR=blue]GIJOE[/COLOR]
    • Conquest X-30 $5.99
    • Hammer $4.99
    • [COLOR=blue]Mauler $5.49 [/COLOR]sold out
    • MMS $4.99
    • Skystriker $11.99
    • Tiger rat $5.99
    • Tomahawk $5.99
    • Vamp $4.99
    • Whale $5.99
    [COLOR=blue][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=red]COBRA[/COLOR]
    • Fang $4.99
    • Fang 2 $2.99
    • Firebat $4.99
    • Hiss $5.49 [COLOR=windowtext]sold out[/COLOR]
    • Hiss 2 $2.99
    • Hiss 3 $5.49
    • Hurricane $5.49
    • Maggot $4.49
    • Mamba $4.49
    • Moray $5.99
    • Night raven $5.49
    • Rattler $5.99
    • Stiletto $2.99
    • Stinger $5.49 [COLOR=windowtext]sold out[/COLOR]
    • Water moccasin $4.99

hope you like the free advertising.

jason hogue

Reproduction Terror Drome decals

Quote Originally Posted by carnage717
    I have to agree with Flophouse, the only reason I buy from 334th is because Ruben doesnt carry the set I need. But it if comes down to the 334th or Ruben I would definately buy from Ruben. As for a Defiant Set I would love to have a Defiant Sticker Sheet from Ruben. I got a Defiant Set from 334th but Im very dissappointed in the Quality of the sheets. I would greatly welcome a Defiant Set from Ruben especially with the White lettering. Another Sheet I would like to see as well is Terrordrome.

Brad

Check here: http://www.gijoeheaven.com/details.asp?ID=1073 for reproduction Terror Drome decals. Thanks.
    Visit us today at www.gijoeheaven.com

Andrew