reproduction GI Joe stickers - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    In response to polyphenus:

picollogoku is right, check if they're pre-cut, I've yet to see a repro set that are pre-cut, also usually ifther have a part number and if each individual sticker has a number next to it, then they prolly are originals. I know from my own experience, I had unopened Pac Rats and the sticker sheets were a little tacky and didn't seem to want to let go of the plastic bags there were in either.

But If you're not gonna do anything with the sticker sheet, totally send it off to Ruben. If you really need it back, I'm sure he'll send it back with some nice repros. In my case I didn't want the originals (cuz they were tacky) and he hooked me up with new Mamba stickers (Repros of the ones that came with the vehicle plus a few extras) and some officer,soldier and viper sigil stickers

Die cut and numbered reproduction decals can be found here: http://gijoeheaven.com/catalog.asp?CategoryID=7

Thanks.
    Visit us today at www.gijoeheaven.com

Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wwwgijoeheavencom
    Die cut and numbered reproduction decals can be found here: http://gijoeheaven.com/catalog.asp?CategoryID=7

Thanks.
    And why didn't you have those Terrordrome stickers a year ago!? J/K Wish you had though, they look like they'd be good

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    And why didn't you have those Terrordrome stickers a year ago!? J/K Wish you had though, they look like they'd be good
    Reproduction labels were just a "twinkle in my eye" a year ago. Like they say, "Good things come to he that waits." Unfortunately no one has ever said how to deal with the waiting.
    Visit us today at www.gijoeheaven.com

Andrew

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thought I'd dig this thread up as I am currently in the process of acquiring several loose vehicles. Has anyone purchased wwwgijoeheavencom's repro stickers before? If so, how's tthe quality?

I've used them, but only for the Whirlwind. I have a set of Thunder Machine stickers on the way as well.

They look great, pretty much identical to the originals, but brighter and newer-looking, like the ones Ruben makes. The big difference between GIJoeheaven's stickers and his is the fact that they're pre-cut, which is a nice bonus. Not nearly as much selection as Ruben, however... but hopefully that'll change as time goes on.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

Well, I’m going to tell all not to buy from the334thjoeco.com.

I just got an order of around $50 worth of decals and to be honest with you…I’m not going to be able to use a single one. They look great on the white backer paper but stick them on anything dark and they disappear completely. I bough them to do some custom work and they are completely useless.

As for the detail, they suck. They are close to scale (most) but they are misprinted and shaped funny (especially the Sky Striker set). He forgot a few sets, screwed up the Sky Hawk set (bad printing job) and completely left out half of the Rattler stickers.

If I live to be 1000 I will NEVER purchase anything from him again, what a joke.
    I pledge my undying allegiance to Cobra and it's noble commander...
    Being bad is just too much fun and I’ll get free plastic surgery!

I deal with Andrew at GIJoeHeaven all the time, I send him every original decal sheet I get that he needs, my little way of comtributing to the GI Joe collecting communty I guess. But if you compare his repos to the original sheets, you can't tell a difference. Both his and JRuben's are nice repos. The precut is nice always, one mess up with a razor and you can ruin a good number of decals on a sheet.

Louie T.

I'm definitly going to be ordering a Tiger Rat set from Ruben.

BTW, Reprolabels.com, which is dominantly a Transformer label site, may be doing some Joe stickers soon. Delta Star, who runs reprolabels.com, mentioned on another site that he may be dipping into other toylines. GI Joe was mentioned. My fingers are crossed because his Repro Transformer stickers are absolutely spectacular.

Mike

Ah thanks for the answers guys! Looks like I'll be ordering from both Ruben and GIJoeHeaven soon as they have different selections.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse
    Well, I’m going to tell all not to buy from the334thjoeco.com.

I just got an order of around $50 worth of decals and to be honest with you…I’m not going to be able to use a single one. They look great on the white backer paper but stick them on anything dark and they disappear completely. I bough them to do some custom work and they are completely useless.

As for the detail, they suck. They are close to scale (most) but they are misprinted and shaped funny (especially the Sky Striker set). He forgot a few sets, screwed up the Sky Hawk set (bad printing job) and completely left out half of the Rattler stickers.

If I live to be 1000 I will NEVER purchase anything from him again, what a joke.
    Some of his stuff is pretty good. I've used the Flight Pod, SNAKE Armor and CLAW stickers from him and they look fine, almost identical to the originals. I'd get them again, however I would be lying if I said I didn't prefer Ruben's overall quality... I'd probably get them from Ruben if he made those particular sets.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.