Coming to Texas! The best thing since Ice Cream!

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coming to Texas! The best thing since Ice Cream!

Another hurricane in the Gulf. This one coming straight down the center. Will it hit me, just 20 minutes north of Galveston, or further south? Who knows. Weather sure looks good outside. Blue skies and sunshine. I think I'll be riding this one out. Depends on what the weather is like Thursday. I'm pretty much almost screwed right now. Gas stations are closed and I'm near empty. And my hotrod gets 7mpg.
    If I stay, I'll let you guys know what it's like. Good luck to anybody else in the neighborhood.
    Dead-Eye

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

good luck man! Put your joe paperwork in something waterproof and make sure your items are higher than ground level!
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Weahter still looks good here. Hurricane keeps changing. I'll try tp keep you guys posted on what it's like.
    Dead-Eye

It was called the perfect storm already.

Satellite photo =
    http://www.n-tv.de/543.html

Good luck!

You're ONLY 20 minutes north of Galveston!?!?!?
    Man are you crazy!?!?!? You should be packing it up right now and go. Grab all your Joes man and your survival needs, because you're gonna get hit!!! My friends in Houston, a majority of them have already evacuated. Some got stuck in the chaos and confusion and were forced to stay by the authorities regulating traffic. I'm up here in Dallas and we're still gonna be receiving category 1 effects from Rita. I suggest you go man... seriously or at least board your windows up now if you haven't already. Protect yourself and good luck. God bless I'll be praying for yah.

I left Corpus yesterday after helping out my other property (self storage) get ready for it. Had to fly into Houston and then back to Love field. Thankfull because I saw the highways and it was bad.

My In-Laws left Galena Park (Houston) yesterday headed N. on 45 toward Dallas. Apparently, 7 hours and they still hadnt made it to Dallas. We havent talked to them today.

People have already died because of the traffic. No, too late for me to leave. Don't have the gas. It's now a Cat 3 storm. But over 100mph sustained winds. Good news is that there is a concrete wall behind my house and houses all around. May cut down on the wind. Should start raining tonight. Just hope we dont lose power for a while.
    Dead-Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
    People have already died because of the traffic. No, too late for me to leave. Don't have the gas. It's now a Cat 3 storm. But over 100mph sustained winds. Good news is that there is a concrete wall behind my house and houses all around. May cut down on the wind. Should start raining tonight. Just hope we dont lose power for a while.
    You'll be in our thoughts.

And most Gas Stations up here are out.