Whats Your Hasbro Pet Peeve?

yojoe.com

Whats Your Hasbro Pet Peeve?

my Pet Peeve with Hasbro is that they don't have any Uniformity on their File Cards a swear i have a bunch of file Cards and most of them are not the same size or shape it drives me bonkers,also i don't like the way they left us hanging as far as if there will be a new battle point mail away.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

uniformity in file card sizes, uniformity in foot peg hole sizes, uniformity in backpack sizes, uniformity in figure construction, uniformity in packaging size/style, uniformity in weapon sizes (take a look at the different versions of Lowlight's uzi. Notice anything?), accessory choices, action features of figures and vehicles, lack of new ARAH tooling, reuse of lame figures, overuse of major characters (to go along with overuse of stupid minor characters), the fact that they are now sealing packages when it no longer does anything to deter figure swappers since they are not sold in stores, failure to replace "lost" mold parts with appropriate equivelents (comic Duke's arms, anyone?), screwing the online retailers by delaying their orders, and not doing everything exactly the way I want them to

but on the other hand, they are doing things right with more collector based product, a better distribution system, and single carded figures.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not having people supervising the production in China to prevent the Crimson Shadow Guard from be made into ninjas and the abomination that is the HAS 6-pack

And of course, they have not yet made the figures I suggested despite the fact that they would sell out quickly. BTW: here's the list: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=29348
    Last edited by Patrick A. Riley; 09-24-2005 at 07:21 PM.
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

File cards size fluctuations is a BIG problem. Also, I hate how the new ones have tape that runs across them, so now my cards stick to one another. And you know they'll look like garbage in a couple of years when the residue starts to collect dust. I was thinking of lamenating all my cards just to try & remedy this problem.

I wish they would redo all the cards that do not match the original size just so we can have some uniformity. Or at least pick one size & run with it from now on.

The file card size is a perfect example of Hasbro taking something that is perfectly good and changing it just of the sake of change. This is probably my true pet peeve. There were some changes made to the GI Joe line that made a lot of sense and actually improved the line. Swivel arms and ball joint necks were both things that made the line better overall. Then we started experimenting with the card art (explosion background, digital background, and then the assortment of others after that), themed waves (battle corps), file card size, and the biggest improvement of all, the unbreakable T-crotch joes. No more o-rings to replace. The Vipers all look down because we added a tab in the torso (???), the Rattler no longer has glass in the gun turret, great weapons molds have sound attack tabs on them, yadda yadda yadda. So now, after almost 25 years, we are ALMOST back to a product that is as good as what was being put out in the first 5 years of the line.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!

The constant need to change things that don't need it is my biggest Hasbro pet peeve.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz