9 back card variant - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gutstheberserker
    Actually, I can't take the credit because either cobra-emprie or jonas brought it to my attention and then I started looking at my stuff. Any desire to sell that Breaker -- lol
    No I think I better hang on to it for a while until I see some more of these.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jabba the drunk
    I would assume that the "No Snap On" writing cards would have been first (if there was a true printing production change). I say this as we know that the "Snap On" text continued into the 11-backs. Reasoning would assume that the 11-Backs were built-upon/a continuance of the then-existing 9-Backs.

This was precisely my line of reasoning. It is logical and also dovetails with the information that others have just recently supplied about the relative scarcity of the 9-backs without the "snap-on" writing.

It will be interesting to see the final analysis of this. Again, great job on catching this guys!

Hey I just found this auction on ebay that has a Stalker cardback missing the text.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-Joe-1982-Stal...QQcmdZViewItem

To bad its a reseal or or that would be one heck of a deal. The $100 BIN is way to much for a resealed card, although I really want the cardback.
    Last edited by vettfanatic; 11-01-2005 at 03:12 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just got one of these

Mark Huckabone actually pointed out the difference to me about a year ago. He had a Stalker and maybe a Grunt that didn't have the "snap on..." I checked all my existing 9 backs at the time and all of them had the printing including a Two-Handled Zap which is theoretically a very early piece. I just received an AFA 80 Stalker today from a seller and it happened to be the earlier version without the "snap on" so it seems that he may be the most common if such a designation could be made. Perhaps the change on Stalker wasn't made at the same time as the others since he didn't have a helmet or backpack? Maybe that's what Hasbro thought of as "snap on accessories". I haven't been able to locate any Scarlett 9 backs in the last couple of years so it would be harder to check if she falls into the same category. Just some silly theories about the whole thing.

Howie

Okay...this probably isn't the thread to post this in, but, have there been any carded examples of swivel figures on non-swivel cards?

I know the swivel was a big deal when they introduced it...and I was just wondering if that was a legitimate carded variant.....

Just checked my MOC 9 back Grunt with the CC mail offer and its got the "Snap On" text...

I have short fuse, stalker and breaker full card versions without the writing and they have the 6100 number. All my other ones that have the writing are a higher number. None of these are MOC though (too bad) although I do have a Str8 arm MOC snake eyes on the way back from AFA that I have never checked for the writing. I'll let you know if it does or not.

Quote Originally Posted by uterglue
    I have short fuse, stalker and breaker full card versions without the writing and they have the 6100 number. All my other ones that have the writing are a higher number. None of these are MOC though (too bad) although I do have a Str8 arm MOC snake eyes on the way back from AFA that I have never checked for the writing. I'll let you know if it does or not.
    Awesome! So these are full cardbacks? I am very interested in seeing these so could you email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces) about them? I have a Snake Eyes full cardback w/o the text but it would be cool if yours is also missing the text since it would have complete art with the bubble still attached.

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

I just got the MOC Snake Eyes back from AFA and the results are very confusing: It has the interchangable... text but is also the 6100 number! Weird, i thougt all 6100s would not have the text. Maybe mine was right at the transition point from no text to text before the number change???

Quote Originally Posted by uterglue
    I just got the MOC Snake Eyes back from AFA and the results are very confusing: It has the interchangable... text but is also the 6100 number! Weird, i thougt all 6100s would not have the text. Maybe mine was right at the transition point from no text to text before the number change???
    Hey is your Moc Snake Eyes with the 6100 number on a 9 back card?