Official - Off Topic Look at what I just got or have thread - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    I got this great statue (or at least great IMO) in the mail last week.

Gary Ham's Sinful Lady!!

I am a sucker for this style.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by B.F.B
    I forgot to say the rudders fold up and the bit their attached to flips over. Thats about as much transforming as it does and thats only to accommodate the boosters.

I on the other hand have just won a Skystriker which is almost a real f-14.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I wasn't going to post until it arrived but what the heck. It's not because I got a reasonably good deal either.

I wanted to post because I consider the skystriker to be one of the milestones in my collection. I had the conquest, dragonfly, tomahawk and phantom during childhood but I never got the skystriker which I think is the best plane in the range. It always had the best stories to go with it in the comic.

Well you paid about 1/3 what I paid for my Skystriker so I'd say that was a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    Well you paid about 1/3 what I paid for my Skystriker so I'd say that was a great deal!
    I'm glad to hear it! :-)

I must admit it is boxed and almost complete. I've spent quite a lot recently, I think that's made me a bit tight.

Another thing. I hate using the word "won" when talking about auctions. It's not like it requires skill or anything (ok it does a bit) just more money than the other guy, is their a proper word? What do they use in real auction houses?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by B.F.B
    I'm glad to hear it! :-)

I must admit it is boxed and almost complete. I've spent quite a lot recently, I think that's made me a bit tight.

Another thing. I hate using the word "won" when talking about auctions. It's not like it requires skill or anything (ok it does a bit) just more money than the other guy, is their a proper word? What do they use in real auction houses?
    I think they say "won" also

I think they say "won" also
    I've just done a bit of research and I think I've found a solution. The emphasis should be placed on the person rather than the object therefore I should have typed:

I recently placed the winning bid on a Skystriker.

That sounds much better.

Usually I won't post any of my ebay wins until I get them in the mail but I just had to post this one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
    I've decided to sell my Veritech, and spend the dosh on Joes. Their's a post here

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...698#post213698

woot got me a full set of the Giant Man series of Marvel legends including the variants.

I've opened all but one up now, and have Giant Man built. overall I like this set. a couple of the figs could have been done just a little better. ( i don't think Ms Marvel's hair looks quite right... the first Thor is way better than the one in this set.)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6058159182
    Giant man is so COOL Too..
    The Call of Chaos
    It's a toll-free, long distance call from the warp.

Zinthos.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot
    a couple of the figs could have been done just a little better. ( i don't think Ms Marvel's hair looks quite right... the first Thor is way better than the one in this set.)
    Nice pickup! Wow - I was hoping this Thor would be better than the first.

But this sucks - I saw almost the whole line (not including Thor, Warbird, or variants) at Wal-Mart the other day and MAN now I gotta start collecting these. Captain Britain looks a little constipated, though - does he look better out of the package?

Captain Britain looks a little constipated, though - does he look better out of the package?

No he still looks constipaded. Giant Man is definently worth the set. !
    Last edited by Deadshot; 06-13-2006 at 08:36 PM.
    The Call of Chaos
    It's a toll-free, long distance call from the warp.

Zinthos.

I got this Warduke/Evil Nightmare Gift Set in the mail today.

Of all the Warduke items I have, this one has been the hardest by far for me to track down. Boxed Nightmares by themselves are hard enough to find. I think it has been at least a year (maybe two) since I have seen a Gift Set on eBay. I wonder how many of these are actually left out there.

My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal