never seen this road pig before... - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by This I Command!
    I totally saw it coming, especially with how many views this thread has. Hopefully the buyer will be an extremely kind individual who will be willing to make some castings for the rest of us poor folk.
    I should not posted the link, it is my fault.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Don't blame yourself. The link "outing" thing is nonsense. This was a properly titled auction which was bid on by people who usually bid on items like this that sell for high amounts. No one could have "gotten a steal" on this. It would not have sold for any less, link or no link
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick A. Riley
    Don't blame yourself. The link "outing" thing is nonsense. This was a properly titled auction which was bid on by people who usually bid on items like this that sell for high amounts. No one could have "gotten a steal" on this. It would not have sold for any less, link or no link
    I feel better now, thanks. What is "outing" & "gotten a steal"? I am a Japanese, not good at english. And I visited your web too, I am interested in "bagged set - Zartan/morphing Zartan/Hawk 3-pack $69.99", will you ship to Japan? Do I have 20% off discount?
    Last edited by leungkongtong; 11-01-2005 at 02:51 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by leungkongtong
    I feel better now, thanks. What is "outing" & "gotten a steal"? I am a Japanese, not good at english. And I visited your web too, I am interested in "bagged set - Zartan/morphing Zartan/Hawk 3-pack $69.99", will you ship to Japan? Do I have 20% off discount?
    'Outing' means posting a link to an auction before the auction has ended

'Getting a steal' means purchasing an item for a lower than expected price

I will send you a Private Message you about the Zartan/Hawk pack
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Is this a good deal

I just won the Road Pig Ninja Commando prototype that had been talked about on this site for $252.00.I received a message from a member saying i got a great deal. This and a few other figures(Under Cover Jinx mint in package, C8 Manleh) is the most i've paid for a figure. I value the opion of this site and have been a lurker for years. I have every figure made in the US from 1982 to present except a variant or two and close to a hundred of the foriegn figures. I just want any of your opions. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnokbob
    I just won the Road Pig Ninja Commando prototype that had been talked about on this site for $252.00.I received a message from a member saying i got a great deal. This and a few other figures(Under Cover Jinx mint in package, C8 Manleh) is the most i've paid for a figure. I value the opion of this site and have been a lurker for years. I have every figure made in the US from 1982 to present except a variant or two and close to a hundred of the foriegn figures. I just want any of your opions. Thanx
    I don't know much about prototype, but I think US252 for a figure is some kind of crazy...until I saw this set of 5 Ninja Commandos...US7499.99...I got shocked...
    http://www.brianstoys.com/shop/custo...at=1627&page=1
    In my own opinion, the Road Pig is cool!
    Last edited by leungkongtong; 11-02-2005 at 04:51 AM.

What I don't understand is that many collectors go crazy when they see auctions from that sohappyfish guy. But when a prototype, non-official released item etc. is sold by an internet seller or somebody outside china or hong kong it's all perfect.

Where's the line?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord of Steel
    What I don't understand is that many collectors go crazy when they see auctions from that sohappyfish guy. But when a prototype, non-official released item etc. is sold by an internet seller or somebody outside china or hong kong it's all perfect.

Where's the line?
    What is the meaning of "sohappyfish guy"? Do you suggest us to buy prototype other than the seller from china and hong kong? I want to collect prototype too, but I am just a student and no money...

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnokbob
    you want my opinion?

I'll give you two!
    1.) I am EXTREMELY jealous! I watched that auction hourly for 10 days straight and then saw it fly out of my potential grasp

2.) I would give practically anything for you to make me a cast of his legs and waist piece. If you have any idea how to do this or know someone who does let me know, cause I could make you copies of other unreleased prototypes in trade.

Congratulations, DreadnokBob. I am still steaming my bid didn't make it through...Who do you know at Ebay that caused the server to crash 4 minutes before the end of the auction?
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys