never seen this road pig before... - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by krymsyngard666
    Congratulations, DreadnokBob. I am still steaming my bid didn't make it through...Who do you know at Ebay that caused the server to crash 4 minutes before the end of the auction?
    I noticed that myself, I remember thinking I'm kind of glad I already know I don't have a shot at it now cause if I did I would have been soooo mad my bid didn't go through.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm going to take to a friend and see if he knows how to cast the parts to this figure or maybe talk to Alyosha to see if he knows someone trust worthy.I would love to be able to do this just concerned if it might damage the figure. I would be willing to trade if other members have casted parts of other unreleased figures.My feeling is i would like to make some of the unproduced figures from 1995 since Hasbro will never release them any ways.Once i find out from my friend if he can cast parts off of this figure i'll be sure to let you know and happy to share.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnokbob
    I'm going to take to a friend and see if he knows how to cast the parts to this figure or maybe talk to Alyosha to see if he knows someone trust worthy.I would love to be able to do this just concerned if it might damage the figure. I would be willing to trade if other members have casted parts of other unreleased figures.My feeling is i would like to make some of the unproduced figures from 1995 since Hasbro will never release them any ways.Once i find out from my friend if he can cast parts off of this figure i'll be sure to let you know and happy to share.
    you may be my new best friend , I know of myself and a couple of other people that have several 95 figures and I'm sure we would all be more than willing to help you out. For me personally I only need Road Pig's legs and Knock Out to have a complete set of Ninja Commandos so that figure is a pretty big deal to me.

About casting: The way that road pig is assemebled you can't take his torso apart without prying it open which is really dangerous to something you spent that kind of money on...this complicates things though because then you aren't able to remove both his legs since the o-ring will get stuck inside him if you do. So the way I would go about doing this is...with very light pressure stretch his legs down and only unscrew one of them, take it apart. Cast those three pieces (the two thigh, one foot...by the way the feet are the same so you should only have to cast this once). Now while one leg is still removed. Make a cast of the waist piece. This way you will get one clean side with no leg in it, (which is the best you can do cause you can't take the other leg or torso off) after you have a casting of the waist piece you can have someone good with a dremel/touch up sculpting remove the excess parts of the cast left from the leg and torso which should leave you with just the waist piece. After you've successfully gotten good casts off one whole leg, and the waist, you can put the leg back on the figure. Then you can take the other one off so that there is always something preventing the o-ring from sucking in to the torso. With the other leg you should only have to make casts of the two thigh halves since the foot is the same as the other.

As far as the torso, head, and arms. The torso and arms of this figure are identical to the Mortal Kombat the Movie version of Lui Kang. Which is sort of a rare figure in its own right, now I have the torso already successfully split in half, so castings can be made off of it. The arms, I don't really think are worth casting as the rivets are exceptionally difficult to duplicate. Finally the head is an area of question for me because it is the same head sculpt as Road Pig v1/v2 something strange about the NC one though is that its neck only turns left and right (or at least thats how Lui Kang's is) which means that there was some modifying done to the neck joint. Now I also have a modified one I did myself we could do casts off which will accomodate that issue but I don't think there is anyway to cast it off the real one without breaking the figure.

So when it gets down to it you really only need to cast, the crotch, one whole leg, and a thigh. I'm not great at making casts but I do know how. I am really good though at doing touch up work to the initial casts to get them back to the original look (removing excess, getting limbs to match up, etc.) Anyways I've went through this process a whole bunch of time with lots of different figures so if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll help you out with whatever I can.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Once you cast these figures, are you planning on selling some of the parts/figures themselves?
    You can create anything if you use your imagination...it has no limits.

I am the Asian Sensation of Innovation!

Oh, the winner of roadpig is here too. Honestly, I don't want to sell it at that price, and some buyers complain can't place a bid before it ended. Anyway, you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by This I Command!
    ditto I probably have no hope for it now, shame cause I really really wanted it. Maybe if he's one of those fake proto guys though he'll have like another 40 of them on there over the coming weeks-that would be nice.
    It is 100% authentic, and the winner will know once it arrived. It is nonsense to produce a fake proto since the cost is very very high. I have one more roadpig, not another 40. It is for my own collection...but will sell it at US2000, anyone are interested in it??? Haha.
    Last edited by ssushop; 11-04-2005 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starrcommand
    Actually he has several of the molds from 2000. So it is completely likely that he got his hands on this one from 95. Who knows maybe the factory had a box of the dang things lying around. JMHO
    The "he" is me??? I will make many many valueable protos but not those US9.99 BIN...please think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by leungkongtong
    crazy...250 now!!! I don't think it worth 250!!!
    It is not crazy, my price for it is 600, at least.