It's Real!!! - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Real!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlternateUniverse Steeler
    I'm sure i have enough spare change around to buy it. That will put this to rest.
    a already offered

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Are you sure you put the decimal point in the right place?
    For $36.77, I'd buy it. They couldn't ring it up on the cash register fast enough.

I've recently bought Joe items that I really can't afford in my current situation. But I didn't pass on them because they were great deals.

$36.77 for a MOC figure that goes for 50 or 60 times that amount is a mind boggling, super fantastic, totally awesome, tubular and gnarly deal!

Some collectors would repeatedly stab themselves in the eye with a fork just to get that deal (well, maybe not in the eye, but definitely in their hand)
    Last edited by Patrick A. Riley; 11-12-2005 at 09:45 PM.
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

For less than $40 USD and you didn't buy it! ! ! !

Unless your an uneducated person on MOC PDD's, I don't believe it and am willing to be the 2nd person to call you out on this.

$40 for a MOC PDD, not a chance. I would sell the shirt OFF my back to come up with the money if I had to.

At $40, to pass on it, I don't believe it at all. You could have bought it, then resold it for even just $400 and you've already got back your money 10 fold.

Things just arn't adding up on this report.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kadarle
    i saw a post not long ago a guy selling his pdd moc on the trade section and his from the philippines too...for 36.77 usd its cheap but in pesos its damm expensive around 2,000 pesos etimate...let us know more on this find....
    kadarle, you're a member of our local message boards. You saw this PDD when it was first posted:

http://toysoldier118.proboards25.com...ead=1118196986

by local collectors/brothers zagu and diesel.

Foreign-based Filipino collectors like kadarle & DieselBoyM as well as Dzirhan, and violentfix can also attest to this as they are also members of our local message boards.

These first showed up on a local auction website around May of this year.

And PhP2,000.00 IS a large amount especially when it comes to toys. That's why I didn't get it. I couldn't anyway, as I am broke.

The three packs are consigned to Pete's Toy Shop at Blue Lane, Shoppesville, Greenhills, Philippines.

- JM

Quote Originally Posted by GBPackRat
    For less than $40 USD and you didn't buy it! ! ! !

Unless your an uneducated person on MOC PDD's, I don't believe it and am willing to be the 2nd person to call you out on this.

$40 for a MOC PDD, not a chance. I would sell the shirt OFF my back to come up with the money if I had to.

At $40, to pass on it, I don't believe it at all. You could have bought it, then resold it for even just $400 and you've already got back your money 10 fold.

Things just arn't adding up on this report.

Tanner
    I'm fully aware of PDD's value. But people just simply don't carry that large an amount in their pockets around here.

Believe me, I would have bought it if I could but me and my girlfriend are both taking our Master's degrees and all our money goes to that.

- JM

ive seen a MOC PDD sell for $3000 US

id say that would help your master studies out quite a bit

the casualness with which you can shrug off not buying this for immediate resale strips this story of all credibility.

if your defense is that people only carry a few bucks at a time in their pockets in the phillipines, why didnt you call up a dozen friends and order them to the shop to chip in? you clearly had a cell phone on you.

speaking of, why didn't you just pull the simm chip out of your phone and trade that for the pdd?

you need money for your studies? there's a half dozen people on these boards alone that would've bought it off you for $1000's without flinching.

your master's clearly isn't in finance, econ, or entrepreneurialism.

Clearly, I'm not educated on PDD cuz to be honest, until I found out you guys would pay $1000's for it I would have passed on it if I saw it MOC in the store for $30! Also let's think what he may have to go through to explain to his girlfriend that he's using their money for master's degrees to buy a toy, sure when it sold she'd be happy with him but until then........

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    Clearly, I'm not educated on PDD cuz to be honest, until I found out you guys would pay $1000's for it I would have passed on it if I saw it MOC in the store for $30! Also let's think what he may have to go through to explain to his girlfriend that he's using their money for master's degrees to buy a toy, sure when it sold she'd be happy with him but until then........
    Good points. It might not seem very likely, but there really isn't any reason to call somebody a liar. If I saw it carded like that 3 years ago, I know that I wouldn't have payed more than $50 for it. And even if he did know exactly what it was, when you're really on a budget, there isn't even that kind of slack.

I would say that if you're absolutely sure that the story is bologna, just ignore the thread. It is very unlikely, but it's also possible. As long as it isn't going to affect your own wallet, don't get too worked up over it.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

I never said he was a liar, I said I was skeptical....

there are several points to this story that don't add up, to an American mind....

granted, I know nothing of the cultural differences between Americans and those from the Phillipines, but I'd assume that if I were struggling to make ends meet, and found something worth thousands, for a pittance, i'd FIND a way to afford it.....