Childhood Joe Pics! - Page 18

yojoe.com

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yojoebro82 View Post
    What a stark contrast to today's sorry availability: Figures stacked long and deep...product available to anyone who wants to buy...letting kids and parents know it exists...GOOD...

Reminds me of going to Lionel Playworld as a kid

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My pics! circa 1983/1984...

And Yes, this is a Blue Thunder toy I made myself!

Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

Great pics, Drew!
    VISIT MY NEW COLLECTION AND COMMENT IT :

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=444

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks my friend! Always good to hear from my friends "across the pond"!
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    i love those 2 litre mass devices. you probably spent hours on those, i can see all the marker lines on the covers. that is really an under appreciated part of the hobby. gi joe effected so many kids, and there is was so much custom stuff, kid made customs from the 80's are always cool to see.
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

Thanks hotdog! It helped that my mom was an art teacher for many years and had access to so many permanent markers (this was before Sharpies were popular). If you look at the Cobra MASS Device, the element containers are Testors model paint jars (from the time) turned upsidedown and mounted to the cardboard. I used so much paint thinner when painting models,that when one was used up, I disposed of the thinner, cleaned the jar and re-used them here. The red crystals are large chunks of red Crayola crayon, the heavy water is water with blue food coloring, and the meteorite element is finely ground yellow Crayola crayon. By the way, did you notice I "customized" my SNAKE armor? I wonder if someone has it in their collection??? (I no longer have it) Oh, and one more thing, the white stuff on the Polar Battle Bear is actual snow! I just got inside from playing in the snow with my best friend and we did that "photo shoot". LOL
    Last edited by darthdrew13; 08-29-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: fergot somethin'
    Take it easy,

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
    i love those 2 litre mass devices. you probably spent hours on those, i can see all the marker lines on the covers. that is really an under appreciated part of the hobby. gi joe effected so many kids, and there is was so much custom stuff, kid made customs from the 80's are always cool to see.
    DITTO!

That sand fort and the Joe line up in front of the APC are motivating too.

Customizing in the early days! I remember as a kid making cardboard wings and taping them to the back of figures for my flash Gordon hawkmen. Think I tried to make some ghostbusters too.

Quote Originally Posted by turner View Post
    Customizing in the early days! I remember as a kid making cardboard wings and taping them to the back of figures for my flash Gordon hawkmen. Think I tried to make some ghostbusters too.
    When I was a kid my grandfather showed me how to make a parachute by cutting a circle out of a garbage bag and attaching numerous lengths of string to the ends of it. I think for several months every one of my joes was a paratrooper!