Childhood Joe Pics! - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Talking Oh wow..

Wow.. I only wish that dreams could come true right now.. to see that picture is fantastic.. it's the next best thing..
    So cool to see a toy aisle so well stacked. Thanks for sharing that.
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gotproblems
    This isn't a pic of MY toys, but it's still a cool pic. It makes me feel sorry for kids these days and the pathetic toy isles they have to deal with.

I have searched High and low for a picture like that for years.
    THANKS SO MUCH!!!
    PS..........Anymore
    Memories are some of the greatest gifts anyone can receive.

Wow.....Just Wow!! *cries*

This isn't a pic of MY toys, but it's still a cool pic. It makes me feel sorry for kids these days and the pathetic toy isles they have to deal with.

Mannn......I can make out Destro, Airborne and Duke to the far right of the pic. The glory days. Figures stacked deep!! Now we're reduced to a foot of shelf space and 4 pegs of nothingness. The year 2007 for Joes suck badly compared to this.
    "Anyone can use a weapon. But the ninja IS a weapon." - Storm Shadow

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've seen that same pic many times before on this and other boards... anybody got a different one? I know yojoe.com has some old catalog pages from Sears Christmas catalogs and a few old TRU circulars. Does anyone have some scans of some old JC Penny's Christmas catalogs? That's how I got all of my stuff as a kid. I lived in a really rural area in NC as a kid and back in the mid-80s catalogs were the only way to get Joes. I'd love to see some of those again!

Quote Originally Posted by quintonarledge
    I've seen that same pic many times before on this and other boards... anybody got a different one? I know yojoe.com has some old catalog pages from Sears Christmas catalogs and a few old TRU circulars. Does anyone have some scans of some old JC Penny's Christmas catalogs? That's how I got all of my stuff as a kid. I lived in a really rural area in NC as a kid and back in the mid-80s catalogs were the only way to get Joes. I'd love to see some of those again!
    I have 1982-1986 Montgomery wards catalogs with joes in them if anyone wants to see them.I can't figure out how to post the pics here big enough for all to see.Mods any help?
    Memories are some of the greatest gifts anyone can receive.

I thought my mind was gone.

I remembered the TRU having whole isle's (sp) devoted to Joe's, I thought maybe as I got older, I remembered it wrong, time will do that to you.

but after this picture, I feel vendicated in my memory.

what I've identified so far,

Vehicles: APC, Dragonfly, Sky Striker, HQ, MOBAT,

Figues: Airborn, C.C. Storm Shadow, Duke, Roadblock, Baroness,
    Firefly(I think), Gung-ho

Walkie-talkies maybe.

That was fun, can anyone pick anyothers out.
    C. M.

Quote Originally Posted by djett
    That was fun, can anyone pick anyothers out.
    Spirit, Snake Eyes and Torpedo, all of them near Destro
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

Talk about nostalgia. That pics just bring back memories of digging through every peg and everyfigure, looking for ______. I don't think I ever remember going into a TRU (back then it was Children's Palace for me) and seeing all of the figures organized like that. You always had to rummage through them all...and there were never any Storm Shadows or Fireflies. Funny thing is, I don't really remember who the peg warmers were back then.

Is that picture real? I could have sworn the other day that ToysRus was stacked with whole Joe aisles. But I was convinced I was misremembering it. This picture confirms my memories.

Thank for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Guard Jayhawk
    Talk about nostalgia. That pics just bring back memories of digging through every peg and everyfigure, looking for ______. I don't think I ever remember going into a TRU (back then it was Children's Palace for me) and seeing all of the figures organized like that. You always had to rummage through them all...and there were never any Storm Shadows or Fireflies. Funny thing is, I don't really remember who the peg warmers were back then.
    Okay, pegwarmers web of remembrance time!

I remember that in the years they came out the following dudes were always in plentiful supply: Tripwire, Blowtorch, Tele-Vipers, Monkeywrench, Crystal Ball, Marine Dress Gung-Ho, Voltar, Scoop.

and yeah, I remember how there never seemed to be any Storm Shadow or Firefly figures. Lt. Falcon was another guy that flew off the self.