Buily To Rule (Freedeom Defence Outpost) Update - New Pics!!! - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It wouldn't be the first time a seller told a story to move product though.

Which other items of his are you referring to. I just see things that were either available in stores or are San Diego Comic Con exclusives.
    Last edited by dockingbay97; 11-22-2005 at 02:18 PM.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah I know that, I'm just posting all the info I have gotten so far. Only time will tell, if he sells all the pieces hes gotten ahold of and no more show up then I think it safe to assume these were pre-production samples as compared to a limited or mass produced item. I think if these were even produced in limited numbers like the rest of the Wave 3 stuff they would have shown up by now. Why are these just showing long after the rest of the wave 3 stuff has.

Brad

I hear what you are saying and I don't doubt your statements. I just wish we had some more info other than from the guy selling these.

I am going to use an example that happened to me. Two or three summers ago there was a Jurassic Park toy that showed up at my local KB's - the Canyon T-Rex. At the time only about a dozen were known to exist. They were in the same exact boat as this - an end of the line item assumed never to be produced. I listed one on eBay and it caught fire on the JP boards just like this. I had many people contacting me to buy them. I in the end sold a ton of them but no where near the $750 price they were selling for.

Crazy stuff like this happens and I wouldn't be suprised to hear of people picking these up at a KB, Tuesday Morning, Big Lots, etc in the very near future.

I really believe he is protecting a source and that source is a local retail store. He doesn't want us to figure it out and run out and buy them ourselves.
    Last edited by dockingbay97; 11-22-2005 at 02:43 PM.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Talking

we need to bug the guy like the police do........to find his source
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

See my first post for the Updated Pics. Im working on putting it together so Ill some pics of that shortly as well.

Brad

why do people like these btr stuff? sure these things are rare but so is a bright carnation pink 74 pinto. the btr stuff just doesnt even look that great and surely doesnt fit well with other joe pieces

maybe just my opinion here but theres probably a reason these things never made it to retail

Quote Originally Posted by 82to87Joes
    why do people like these btr stuff? sure these things are rare but so is a bright carnation pink 74 pinto. the btr stuff just doesnt even look that great and surely doesnt fit well with other joe pieces
    ...snip
    Fits into my Joeverse just fine. Since they are toys, a little variation from one fig or vehicle to another is just fine - those lego type arm & leg pegs don't bother me at all. I like the skulpts of most of the BTR figs, & some of the vehicle designs would kick butt if transferred to the regular 3¾" world. I'm not saying your opinion is no good, it's yours & completely valid, I just disagree.

carnage717 - thanks for sharing the pics!
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Well when I was kid I loved lego's. When BTR came out I thought it was pretty good use of Lego. I used always love building my stuff out of Legos and now I can make Joe vehciles. Also with what CGC said I like some of the scuplts on the BTR Figures. I try to get at least 1 of each figure made so this is just another figure to add to my collection. I kind of like the Duke figure that came with set which one reason that I have been looking for one of these sets.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by 82to87Joes

maybe just my opinion here but theres probably a reason these things never made it to retail

i challenge you to not like the btr avac......pegs and all
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

Never was interested in BTR myself, but I will have to admit that is a nice item.

-Lewis
    I collect 1983-94 G.I. Joe action figures, vehicles, accessories, & file cards. I also collect G.I. Joe comic books, and 2004 Wizards of the Coast G.I. Joe Trading Card Game trading cards.

My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/87578...st-buying.html