UK Collectors - Page 16

yojoe.com

Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Collectors

Er, hi.
    not sure this is the right place, but the heading 'UK Collectors' led me here, and you guys seem nice so i'm sure you'll help me out.

Childhood G.I.Joe/AF fan, had loads of stuff which has mostly (and sadly) been sold a long time ago. Still have a couple of bits and moving soon, so i wanna find a collector near me to 'donate' to.
    Free to a caring home, nothing much worth selling, but might help an avid collector.

You know of any collectors in S.E.London? or close?
    close enough?

Thanks, love the site, makes me wish i was a kid again, (but with the wages i earn now!)

-Kem

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemaleon
    Er, hi.
    not sure this is the right place, but the heading 'UK Collectors' led me here, and you guys seem nice so i'm sure you'll help me out.
    Childhood G.I.Joe/AF fan, had loads of stuff which has mostly (and sadly) been sold a long time ago. Still have a couple of bits and moving soon, so i wanna find a collector near me to 'donate' to.
    Free to a caring home, nothing much worth selling, but might help an avid collector.
    You know of any collectors in S.E.London? or close?
    close enough?
    Thanks, love the site, makes me wish i was a kid again, (but with the wages i earn now!)
    -Kem
    Hello.
    If your down for it.. get me a p&p quote for what you have. I am In Manchester, Uk and would love the opportunity to offer the joes a suitable home.
    I could either send you a Paypal payment for the postage or.. alternatively a Postal Order.
    There are a few from the South that visit the boards .. but not very often.
    NemesisEnforcerFan
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

Oh I forgot...

Doh, Sorry Kem
    I also forgot to mention theres a member on the forums called Atlantic.. he's based in London.. whereabouts I am not totally sure.. but he might be able to help you out.
    NemesisEnforcerFan

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well lads, it was good to catch up with u all on Thurs night.
    AND with this post thats me at 400. My God I need a life.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtattoo
    Well lads, it was good to catch up with u all on Thurs night.
    AND with this post thats me at 400. My God I need a life.

Wow 400 can't believe it Bigtattoo! I'm only in thirties! OOps just hit 40 stupid me can't count! Oh well
    Last edited by Big Boa; 03-12-2006 at 02:59 PM.

Hey Guys...

What you all been up to?
    I just got my Cobra Wolf Vehicle today. I've been waiting only two weeks for it. I now have the Ice Snake, Cobra Wolf and Ice Sabre to my cobra arctic vehicles.
    Hey boa I think I passed you a Cobra wolf frame didnt I? Without any missiles or anything?.. If you wanna know what one looks like complete here you go.
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/U...t=IMAG0484.jpg
    I think you'll agree its a cool vehicle.
    I also added some more pictures to the figures folder too.
    NemesisEnforcerFan

Couple of Questions

U.K. Joe collectors, a sight for sore eyes!

I've been a Action Force / G.I. Joe collector for many years. With the exception of my figures my collection was given away by my Mother, a familiar story no doubt. Anyway, I've recently rediscovered my passion for these guys and am now rebuilding for good and having great fun doing so.

Gentlemen, I was hoping I could seek your advice on the following;

1. The recommended collectors price guide which includes international valuations? I would like to value a MOC European Exclusive Mutt and Junkyard.
    2. This may be a daft question but is there a "Collector's Standard" for cutting out File Cards i.e. inside the dashed line, outside the dashed line or around the actual file card?

Thanks

Buddusky (Newcastle upon Tyne)

P.S. Do you have any plans to start a U.K. swap shop from wanted lists?

Post Hello. Fellow Collector From the United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Buddusky

I've been a Action Force / G.I. Joe collector for many years. With the exception of my figures my collection was given away by my Mother, a familiar story no doubt. Anyway, I've recently rediscovered my passion for these guys and am now rebuilding for good and having great fun doing so.

1. The recommended collectors price guide which includes international valuations? I would like to value a MOC European Exclusive Mutt and Junkyard.
    2. This may be a daft question but is there a "Collector's Standard" for cutting out File Cards i.e. inside the dashed line, outside the dashed line or around the actual file card?

Thanks

Hello Buddusky,
    welcome to the boards and thanks for stopping by the UK collectors section. I asked for this to be stickied a while back by the mods. I joined here in october or so last year and there wasn't really a place for new UK collectors to chat and arrange things. I guess it could be done from here.. contacting and swapping etc.
    As for your questions I know theres a book released by a gentleman named ron conner. Treasures N Toys.
    The book or link to the thread about the book can be found here.
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...al+price+guide
    I think that covers International Prices including European releases.

Occasionally the UK collectors get together on a thursday night on MSN Messenger and chat, thats usually where we arrange any swaps or anything. If your interested send me a PM and I'll get back to you.
    Bye for now
    Full Force!!
    NemesisEnforcerFan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddusky

Thanks

Welcome to the boards, and hopefully our wee club also.
    I dont actually know the answer to the 2nd q.
    I would assume its round the dashed line, certainly in terms of aesthetics.
    What to do is post the q. on these boards and the experts will be able to answer that one.
    ps- its good to see another Northener here. Jock will go mental when he learns where u r from. Are u Toon or Maccam?
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

Geordie

I'm Geordie, Toon all the way.

I'll post it on the general Joe board. The question came to mind this morning when a lot of figures I bought turned up, each file card was cut differently. Personally I think I would go with around the actual file card...It's great being an 80's geek!

I see you're from Fife, I spent a lot of my childhood in Arbroath, ah memories of picking up AF in Toy Master and John Menzies in Dundee!

Buddusky