UK Collectors - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Collectors

Post GI JOE UK Discussion Night-Official

Welcome to the Forums GIJOCK!!

Theres a new poundsaver type store opened near me called allsorts.. lol but they stock toys.. I might check it out at weekend.. see if they have any old Joe stuff in there.

United Kingdom GI JOE Night

Okay calling all GI JOE Collectors from the UK. This Thursday Night from 18:00 Hours. Sign onto MSN Messenger and come and join the conversations.

My MSN ID Is: rawgenius2005@hotmail.co.uk

Its official ..I'd like to discuss all JOE Topics. From 1982-2005.. Figures and vehicles discussion also Comics video's and memorabilia.

UK Collectors add yourself to the Community members map.! And represent the United Kingdom and your area!

Hope to speak to you all soon on msn messenger.
    Nem
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it due to Christmas shopping commitments with the wife.

However I am curious to know if there are any UK collectors who own the USS Flagg. When Action Force was widely available in the late 80s I distinctly remember the USS Flagg being displayed in the big London toystore Hamleys.

I don't believe the toy itself was commercially available here in the UK but did some lucky Hamley's employee walk off with it after AF stopped being available?

I remember seeing a Flagg at the Woolworths in Bath (when there WAS a Woolies here!) which was promoting a competition to win one. Unfortunately the most I got out of it was an entry form which is still probably in a drawer somewhere, which I kept as proof to my friends that it existed!

I just got back from living in NYC for a year, so the change from Joes everywhere to Joes nowhere is pretty depressing; I must have got hundreds of figures while I was there (DTC wave 1, Storm Shadow Unmasked...). I did find the Piranha Attack Boat w/Shipwreck and Patriot Grizzly (both US packaging) in my local newsagent, though -- they still have a few of each for £4.99 and £9.99 respectively.

I don't think I'll be able to make the chat on Thursday but I still wanted to stand up and say "My name's Andrew, and I'm a British G.I.Joe fan!"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Figs and vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.*JOCK
    Hi guys, I'm Dave, a Joe collector from Bonnie Scotland! Based in Edinburgh, I find my best bet for Joes is ebay. Although TRU, Instores/Poundstretchers have some and sometimes Toyworld. At the moment it's mostly all BTR stuff, Sand Razors and HISS's! Asda USED to have millions...

The lack of stuff is fairly depressing... Fingers crossed Christmas brings some new Joes to the store... It happened last year...

Any other tips for finding figs and vehicles?

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave

I'd just like to say there is a million(well maybe not that much) links on this Website
    Big Boa

P.S I am the Big Boa from Messenger

Thursday nights kinda hard for me, unless it continues past 10.

I'm normally on msn but I've been quite busy the last few days.

Unless it continues past 10!!

Quote Originally Posted by WarAngel
    Thursday nights kinda hard for me, unless it continues past 10. I'm normally on msn but I've been quite busy the last few days.
    ..Well.. in keeping with our regular scheduled program there are two members that stay on into the earlier hours. The other night i was on until 3am. Admittedly my attentions were diverted to ebay, Just making sure i was being honest.

Yes I start on msn at around 6pm.. But i am usually on messenger and the forums through until 1AM. Thats an average for me. BTW... I'd not expect anyone else to do this.. Just come on whenever you can and say hi!

I've been busy of late with practice paint sessions on two of my custom Joe characters. They are international heroes that both are from the United Kingdom. Codename:HORIZON is a Helicopter Pilot and
    Codename: Black-Out is an Night Ops Airborn Assault Trooper. I'm practicing paint on these two before moving on to my joes for my dio.

Yojoe everyone!
    Nem

Update.....

**** The Joe theme night is on now.. from 18:00 until late.. ****

Come and join us on msn if you are a uk collector. Sign onto msn and add me as a contact .. I will do the rest and invite you into the conversation.
    My ID is rawgenius2005@hotmail.co.uk
    Last edited by Urban Saboteur; 12-01-2005 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Updated

Hi guys. Thanks for the welcome one and all. Can't wait to get settled in and talk Joe with y'all! I have to say I'm looking forward to Joe Night too!

I do own a USS Flagg. To my understanding all that is missing is the radio unit, but I'm not in a hurry for that. It's a beast of a playset I have to say. It's also very cool. Truely ahead of its time. I also recently got a hold of a Defiant Complex and that is stunning too. Sometimes I wonder if these vehicles were really designed for kids though...

I'm uncertain how many other Flagg's are in the UK, but if you have a small fortune to spend (as it would probably cost that to buy and ship it) I'd recomend it highly!

G.I.*JOCK

Sorry I wasn't on, I didn't get much free time last night, I should be on today.

My MSN screen name btw is Oceansoul, generally.

Its usually a Nightwish or a GI Joe ref' anyway.

Oops.. My bad..And Joe Night.

Quote Originally Posted by WarAngel
    Sorry I wasn't on, I didn't get much free time last night, I should be on today.

My MSN screen name btw is Oceansoul, generally.

Its usually a Nightwish or a GI Joe ref' anyway.
    Hi War Angel,
    So just to confirm.. are you oceansoul or dragonstrykes @msn.com?
    It be great to speak to you finally on Messenger.
    Nem

I'm dragonstrykes@msn.com

I meant the name bit on the messenger screen.

I should be on tonight, I'm currently trying to get a lan to work, if I get that done, then I'll be on.